Hacking which psp is the best for hacking?

AliJalal93

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Hello, I want to buy one of the PSPs : PSP fat (1000) , PSP 3004 or psp go ... i want to get a psp to play ps1 games and gba games on it as well as downloaded psp games (hacked) ... which psp in your opinion is the best? specifically for playing ps1 games ... fat, 3004 or go? by the way, is the hacking in psp go as easy as in fat? please answer all my questions friends.

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
Did you read the sticky? >_>

Currently all the PSP models, excluding the newest models (anything over 5g) are fully hackable using PRO Custom Firmware. HOWEVER, 2000 models and 1000 models have the largest variety of options (able to play the most PSX games with Popsloader and the best Homebrew support with access to older 5.XX/3.XX kernel firmware).

I suggest a 2000 original model (LATER MODELS CANNOT use older Pops, etc.) if you want the most features, otherwise anything but the newest models will do the trick.

You can run PSPIdent to check your "g number" and if it's 5g or lower you are good. Check the sticky for more info; I don;t feel like typing what's already been done by Rydian.
tongue.gif

EDIT: OH YEAH. And make sure it's on 6.39 or lower. You do NOT need a Pandora Battery anymore to hack by the way; using PRO firmware it can run in official firmware to install in a matter of seconds on firmware 6.20, 6.35, and 6.39.

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Schlupi said:
I suggest a 2000 original model (LATER MODELS CANNOT use older Pops, etc.) if you want the most features, otherwise anything but the newest models will do the trick.

Not true.

I have a PSP 3000 and I can use Popsloader for PRO and can load any pops from it. A lot of games use 3.40 Pops for best compatibility, and I use it for a number of pops games
smile.gif

Schlupi

Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
hankchill said:
Schlupi said:

Not true.

I have a PSP 3000 and I can use Popsloader for PRO and can load any pops from it. A lot of games use 3.40 Pops for best compatibility, and I use it for a number of pops games
smile.gif

It IS TRUE. There is the new Popsloader for PRO 6.XX firmwares, but older Pops (any firmware that your respective PSP model never had/will have) does NOT work. You can select it as an option but it does nothing, this is confirmed by VF and Coldbird themselves. For example, I have a 5g model Go (ALL Go models are 5g by the way) and it can only run Pops correctly for anything 6.20 or higher (as it's the stock firmware it came on).

I THINK the lowest firmware 3000s were stocked on were 5.00, or something like that, so that would be the lowest Pops you can successfully use.

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Schlupi said:
hankchill said:
Schlupi said:

Not true.

smile.gif

It IS TRUE. There is the new Popsloader for PRO 6.XX firmwares, but older Pops (any firmware that your respective PSP model never had/will have) does NOT work. You can select it as an option but it does nothing, this is confirmed by VF and Coldbird themselves. For example, I have a 5g model Go (ALL Go models are 5g by the way) and it can only run Pops correctly for anything 6.20 or higher (as it's the stock firmware it came on).

I THINK the lowest firmware 3000s were stocked on were 5.00, or something like that, so that would be the lowest Pops you can successfully use.

Then how am I using 3.40 pops on my PSP 3000?
smile.gif

Schlupi

Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
hankchill said:
Schlupi said:
hankchill said:
Schlupi said:

Not true.

smile.gif

smile.gif

You aren't... is what I am trying to say. Trust me, either you have some unprecedented PSP or Popsloader or it's a 2000 in disguise, because I know for a fact that what I am saying is true, I have even tested this...

EDIT: Like I said, the 2000 (original model) is the best, because it has the best battery life, compact size, and is able to access all firmware options and Popsloader versions for PSP games.

AliJalal93

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Schlupi said:
hankchill said:
Schlupi said:
hankchill said:
Schlupi said:

Not true.

smile.gif

smile.gif

You aren't... is what I am trying to say. Trust me, either you have some unprecedented PSP or Popsloader or it's a 2000 in disguise, because I know for a fact that what I am saying is true, I have even tested this...

EDIT: Like I said, the 2000 (original model) is the best, because it has the best battery life, compact size, and is able to access all firmware options and Popsloader versions for PSP games.
did u see my message bro?

Schlupi

Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I responded. Sorry it was long it took me a while.
tongue.gif

OH RIGHT I forgot to post my source for my list:

http://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=3396

NOTE Games I took out of the NOT WORKING list, like Brave Fencer Musashi, Biohazard 2 Beta, and Resident Evil Dualshock for example, work now in the latest PRO firmwares when dumped correctly. Even though the topic is for 6.35 PRO all the PRO firmwares have the same PSX compatibility (thanks to Coldbird and Virtuous Flame, the creators of the PRO line).

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Schlupi said:

[youtube]05Pa3FZ1uIw[/youtube]

Schlupi

Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
hankchill said:
Schlupi said:

T___________T

I explained to you already... when you select a non-compatible Pops version, it just loads the default firmware Pops of the PSP. Your video proof, no matter now convincing is not actually loading 3.40... I am not arguing with you about this anymore, it's pointless, you can believe it if you like but I know what the truth is. Xist, Rydian, and other members can confirm what I am saying is true. You can not load a Pops of a firmware your PSP can't run.

FINALLY found the Official PRO release topic concerning this issue:

http://gbatemp.net/t280363-6-xx-pro-cfw-re...ead?&st=375

Read the entire page, check the source.

First of all, a better tutorial can be found on my website, http://www.gopsp.it/index.php?showtopic=8107&pid=47583 . Here's just a scheme.
Note:fully working with PSP Fat, 2000 and 3000 3g
PSP 3000 4g and 9g(maybe all):every POPS from 3.02 to 3.52 WORKS
Every POPS from 3.71 to 6.00 DOESN'T WORK
Every POPS from 6.20 to actual POPS WORKS

PSP GO:every POPS from 3.02 to 3.52 WORKS. Sound ONLY works with Headphones!!!

DERP. I forget the original firmwares on the ORIGINAL 3000 models (4g) support 3.02-3.52. Sorry, I am tired, you obviously have the ORIGINAL 3000 model. Derp.

Ugh... I need to go to sleep. T____T

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Schlupi said:
hankchill said:
Schlupi said:

T___________T

I explained to you already... when you select a non-compatible Pops version, it just loads the default firmware Pops of the PSP. Your video proof, no matter now convincing is not actually loading 3.40... I am not arguing with you about this anymore, it's pointless, you can believe it if you like but I know what the truth is. Xist, Rydian, and other members can confirm what I am saying is true. You can not load a Pops of a firmware your PSP can't run.

FINALLY found the Official PRO release topic concerning this issue:

http://gbatemp.net/t280363-6-xx-pro-cfw-re...ead?&st=375

Read the entire page, check the source.

First of all, a better tutorial can be found on my website, http://www.gopsp.it/index.php?showtopic=8107&pid=47583 . Here's just a scheme.
Note:fully working with PSP Fat, 2000 and 3000 3g
PSP 3000 4g and 9g(maybe all):every POPS from 3.02 to 3.52 WORKS

PSP GO:every POPS from 3.02 to 3.52 WORKS. Sound ONLY works with Headphones!!!

DERP. I forget the original firmwares on the ORIGINAL 3000 models (4g) support 3.02-3.52. Sorry, I am tired, you obviously have the ORIGINAL 3000 model. Derp.

I think this calls for this:

stallowned.jpg

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I knew I was right because for example, Crash Bandicoot 2 only works with 3.4 and lower... anything higher and it doesn't go past the 'Playstation' screen. Booted it up now with 3.4, and it works. Damn we should have bet money on it. Lol
tongue.gif

And yes it is the original PSP 3000 model
smile.gif

As for the original poster, each PSP has their goods and bads so get whichever one you want to hack. I got a 3000 because the screen is more vivid than a 2000. Paired with an extended battery I get around 8-9 hours of gameplay on 3rd brightness setting... only thing I hate about it is the damn horizontal bandlines.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
hankchill...is there any chance you could make a video showing your PSP loading a Resident Evil 3 Nemesis eboot from the native pops in flash, and then using 3.40?

Obviously you'd need to get into the game past the first freeze...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    fluff663 @ fluff663: hoi