Gaming Which Pokemon you suggest on O3DS?

Potato hoarder

Hoarder of Potatoes
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
(Sorry to somewhat hijack this thread)
I've never played any Mystery Dungeon games, but I'm interested in getting into them; which one(s) would you recommend as the best introduction to the series?
I'd play the remastered version of time and darkness which is sky. It comes with special side stories that goes into detail about the parts of the story not covered. After that, I'd play red / blue rescue team. I can't play the newer games because the story just doesn't compare to explorers of sky. (The only ds game that was able to make me cry besides drawn to life the next chapter)

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'd play the remastered version of time and darkness which is sky. It comes with special side stories that goes into detail about the parts of the story not covered.
Cool, I'll check it out.
There are so many highly recommended DS games that I never got the opportunity to play, makes me realise how extensive the DS' library is.

Reactions: dahood

doctorgoat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd play the remastered version of time and darkness which is sky. It comes with special side stories that goes into detail about the parts of the story not covered. After that, I'd play red / blue rescue team. I can't play the newer games because the story just doesn't compare to explorers of sky. (The only ds game that was able to make me cry besides drawn to life the next chapter)

i don't even know how to respond to the idea of someone crying at a pokemon game and a budget platformer aside from just stating how baffled i am at it

sniper_x002

Trophies
XP
Country
It lasted me around 100 hours of play time as a kid. Re played them to make sure that it wasn't just nostalgia and turns out, they aged well.
I remember being surprised at how far the game went on. It took me a long time and many long road trips to beat it.
Also, it did make me tear up a bit during certain times in the game (I was young when I first played it).

Potato hoarder

Hoarder of Potatoes
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I remember being surprised at how far the game went on. It took me a long time and many long road trips to beat it.
Also, it did make me tear up a bit during certain times in the game (I was young when I first played it).
The soundtrack really helped. I also enjoyed heart gold and soul silver but I'd start with x/y and mystery dungeon explorers of sky.

dahood

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So many good answers. thank u all. the problem here is that i am using Old 3DS and all the emulators arent working the way it should. Its really annoying. I am thinking of buying the New 3DS just coz it can run emulators way faster :/

alex61194

Trophies
XP
Country
Explorers of Time was my favorite Pokemon game ever actually.
explorers of sky is the better mistery dungeon

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So many good answers. thank u all. the problem here is that i am using Old 3DS and all the emulators arent working the way it should. Its really annoying. I am thinking of buying the New 3DS just coz it can run emulators way faster :/
you can run gba games by using luma3ds

sniper_x002

Trophies
XP
Country
explorers of sky is the better mistery dungeon

you can run gba games by using luma3ds
I know Sky was like an extended version of Time/Darkness, but I didn't have it. Also from the soundtrack I didn't like the sky exclusive ones as much (but that could be nostalgia).

alex61194

Trophies
XP
Country
I know Sky was like an extended version of Time/Darkness, but I didn't have it. Also from the soundtrack I didn't like the sky exclusive ones as much (but that could be nostalgia).
i just play sky, but was pretty good and you can go to the future to play as grovile and stuff

i just play sky, but was pretty good and you can go to the future to play as grovile and stuff
i mean i just play sky of the darkness/time/sky i just played blue team and red team and actually playing super mistery dungeon

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shin Megami Tensei 4?

But seriously, The Rub/Sapphire remakes are really good, but I feel like they might lean on nostalgia too much. Maybe not.

So, @Nintendo... I got my R/S remakes, now where is my R/S Pokemon Pinball remake???

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thank you all for the answers. I tried Sapphire. But soon I realised its getting monotonic. I basically do nothing else than fighting or catching Pokémon. And this i do all the time, which gets borring. I am at my first Arena fight now. The game is beautiful and the idea very nice. But its from the statt till the end all thr same routine. Am i wrong?
fighting and catching are at the center of the game.

dahood

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thanks for all the replies. I played now Alpha Saphire and i am quite far. I already reached the middle of the map. Its all the same procedure. The Arenas are no real challenge. Where ever you are, in a cave, in a house, outside etc no buttons to push, no switcher to switch, no box to move to a certain place to unlock something. Nothing. its literally just go and collect pokemons. I understand, thats meant to be like that. But i am sure its not meant to be that linear and monotone. You are literally forced to talk to everybody but there are whole places with ppl and still you will not get rewarded. I know RPG games should be like that but not that boring. btw. the pokemon i caught at first I didnt change them till now although i caught many pokemons. You know why i didnt change them? because i used them from the beginning and their level are way too high to play with other pokemons from. I just collect them for no reason lol. I am seriously if my current pokemons are at level 30 and i catch Abra at level 7 then i sure like hell wont use Abra. I rather refer to keep pushing the other pokemons. this game literally doesnt doesnt even want to make me want to use other pokemons. But well,.... i guess I will finish this game but just because i already started it. So i will go around, fight pokemons, collect them and never use them till i finish the game.

Ps. the bicycle is awesome :)

Last edited by dahood,

keepitoriginal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for retro i would go with Yellow ( I Feel like it has blue & red plus a little more in it (I D K why i think that) lmao then i would go with Fire Red, that's the one i liked and always will pick it. As for the newer ones not too sure i had Omega Ruby but got stuck and haven't played it since lol which as why im going to see how X/Y is or see which one to get.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, lol +1