Gaming Which Pokemon Game focuses on the original 151?

goodbytes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm looking to pick up some Pokemon games but not really sure which ones are the best? there seems to be a lot and then different variations.

When I was a wee nipper we only had the original 151 from Bulbasaur to Mew.. Are there any modern game that focuses on these? i'd like to relive the olden days before moving on to the others.

I don't really want to be playing the old Gameboy games so if there are no good newer games with the 151 i'll take the next best.

I'm assuming they're in all games but mixed in with the other generations?

Any suggestions for a 3DS pokemon beginner?

Blue

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Play the GBA games, FireRed and LeafGreen they're remakes of the original and they look better. Then work your way up.

Platinum2183

Trophies
XP
Country
If you want to play on a GBA or something then go with Firered or Leafgreen; that features mainly the original 151 but can have mons from the other games

iwabo

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You won't find exactly what you're looking for since it doesn't exist. If you want to play on 3DS you're either stuck with Red/Blue/Yellow for virtual console or one of the new games but none of these are centered around the 151. Your best choice would be FireRed/LeafGreen for GBA, as it's basically a remake of 1st gen.

goodbytes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I suspected that... I'm happy to try GBA games so i'll download FireRed/LeafGreen.

So when working my way up, which should I go to when picking a 3DS game?

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Try Thunder Yellow. It is a romhack of Yellow that lets you get all 151 pokemon. Ones that evolve through trade are handled via NPC trades and Mew is awarded for completing a sidequest.

Platinum2183

Trophies
XP
Country
Alpha Sapphire/Omega ruby is a remake of ruby and sapphire, but features more of the latest pokemon, which in my opinion is a great pickup. X/Y is also a great game, and i'd get one of each if i were you

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
I suspected that... I'm happy to try GBA games so i'll download FireRed/LeafGreen.

So when working my way up, which should I go to when picking a 3DS game?
Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire contain more content, whilst X&Y are just fun games. ORAS is a remake, whilst XY are the actual Gen 6 games.

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Play X and Y.

While it doesn't focus strictly on the original 151, you get those starters early in the game, encounter tons of the originals.

Even their forest Rips off Viridian forest.

At the same time, it allows you to be part of the current generation!

nxwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
X and Y. It has almost all of the OG 151 Mons and misses only a few. I'd recommend X due to it looking much more better IMO.

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fire Red and Leaf Green is nice because you get the 151 Pokemon, but the non-1st gen pokemon can only be accessed until you beat the Elite 4 and head on over to the Sevii Islands. If that's your sole intention, to play games with only the 151 pokemon, those help. RBY, if you have more patience, go ahead.

Grim Ripper

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
After playing FireRed/LeafGreen you should play HeartGold/SoulSilver.
Remakes of Gold/Silver so you can play in Johto and Kanto but you also get gen3 and gen4 pokemon (less frequent to be found in the wild though)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)