Hardware Which One should I buy?

Luanking

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello guys,I have 2 offers for buying a new 3DS :

1. New 3DS (Firmware 10.7) with 1 year warranty + charging cable + bag for 3DS + 32GB Sandisk card & Sky3DS blue for 160€.

2. New 3DS (Firmware 9.6) + charging cable + bag for 3DS with 1 year warranty for 132€.

Which One would you buy and why?

Last edited by Luanking,
A

a9lh-1user

Both of them have a 1 year warranty.
So i would buy the second one for 132€.
I dont like Sandisk SD cards! And if you want to instal A9LH it would be better to buy a new SD card for it :)
So even if you buy the other one ..... you will have much FUN with a NEW 3DS !

Happy buying :)

Reactions: Arubaro

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
I would buy the second one, because once you downgrade and set up CFW, you'll not need the Sky3DS anymore.
And as far as I know, even 64Gb SDs are cheap nowadays

evandixon

PMD Researcher
Developer
Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States
I'd go for the one with the Sky3DS, since you can use it to downgrade (with Cubic Ninja or Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of TIme), which opens up possibilities like save editing and more choices of homebrew. You may or may not be able to run ROM hacks directly off your Sky 3DS with CFW. I know on unhacked 3DS's you can't, but CFWs probably remove the signature checks on ROMs on the Sky 3DS too. The Firmware 9.6 one can downgrade too, but they you'd need to use CIA files, removing the ability to play the games on other consoles, and adding a lot of install time.

Luanking

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The warranty of the 2. is from Feburary 2015,the warranty of the first offer is from April 2015.

The thing is: I can only downgrade from 10.5 without buying OOT oder CN.
So for "Downgrading" the first offer I had to buy one of these games.

When I would buy the second choice I also had to buy an SD card,a 64GB SD card costs about 16€ at the moment.

So in the end it would be like:

1. offer = 160€

2. offer + 64GB SD card = 132€ + 16€ = 148€

Last edited by Luanking,
A

a9lh-1user

That clears things up!
You should TEST both of them if they are in a good condition before pay for them :)
I thought you got the warranty for 1 year from the day you buy them!

Luanking

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Problem is that I cant "test" them because I got these offers from Ebay.

These pictures are from offer 1:

23qknu.jpg

3hwkgn.jpg

4jbkmr.jpg

These pictures are from offer 2 (this guy told me that there are protective foils on the displays)

6a6eal.jpg

7yzda5.jpg

8ivisf.jpg

97xd8a.jpg

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Get the first offer, A sky3DS is great to put Cubic Ninja on for downgrading (and is way cheaper than a real cart). You can also use it to downgrade 3DS's for your friends (if they have a 3DS).

A Sandisk 32GB is fine but I would get a 64GB Samsung Evo MicroSD anyway and keep the 32GB as a spare or sell it to a friend.

Luanking

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
What do you mean with "to put Cubic Ninja on for downgrading" ?

Does it mean I dont need to buy Cubic Ninja, I can simply download it as .3ds and downgrade the New 3DS ?

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean with "to put Cubic Ninja on for downgrading" ?

Does it mean I dont need to buy Cubic Ninja, I can simply download it as .3ds and downgrade the New 3DS ?

A Sky3DS is a 3DS flashcart that works on official and custom firmwares that you can put 3DS roms on. The blue button model does work with some later game releases and works fine for all the older games including Cubic Ninja.

In short, yes you can download Cubic Ninja and not need to buy it to downgrade.

EDIT: here is a review on the Sky3DS blue on the Temp
http://gbatemp.net/review/sky3ds-rev-2-blue-button.250/

Last edited by driverdis,
Reactions: Luanking

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Well... you would use the Sky3DS + cubic ninja once if all goes just right, so I don't know if it's worth it.
On 9.6 you can use browserhax + menuhax to downgrade (they are free, so no really a need to use the Sky3DS), but if for some reason you end up with a frankenfirmware during the downgrade, you may need to use the Sky3DS + cubic ninja to downgrade again.

Last edited by Arubaro,

Luanking

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Okay thanks.

So to your option "New 3DS with 9.6 and 64GB SD Card" for 132+16=148€" is better then "New 3DS with 10.7 +Sky3DS blue+32GB SD Card" for 160€.

The problem is that there is only a difference of 12€.

A

a9lh-1user

Duramans Donkey went between two haystacks until he was dead because he wasn't sure witch one he should eat!
"What is the meaning of that"
There will always be a better offer as the two 3DS in the OP!
So you can wait and wait and wait until you dont want anymore a 3DS :)

Reactions: Luanking

Luanking

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@a9lh You are absolutly right....but I want to be sure that I do the right thing in order to not being sad when I bought it. :)

@Nyap: For 120€ I can get a New 3DS (bought January 2016) with charging cable and Firmware Ver. 10.5.0-30E ,so this would be the best option of those 3?

Nyap

HTML Noob
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
@a9lh You are absolutly right....but I want to be sure that I do the right thing in order to not being sad when I bought it. :)

@Nyap: For 120€ I can get a New 3DS (bought January 2016) with charging cable and Firmware Ver. 10.5.0-30E ,so this would be the best option of those 3?
The lower the firmware the better

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: got a mig switch here, freshly smuggled in from China