GCN Which Mini DVD-R's should I use?

BubbaNESS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so first off I want to point out that I am not comfortable with the XenoGC, I really don't like the idea of opening up my Gamecube and spending money on what could be a disaster, so I've decided to just go with the SD Media Launcher.

Now that we've got that out of the way, let me begin......

So over the past few days I've been searching for a Gamecube with little to no luck, and finally got one for 30$, all hookups and everything, it came with Die Hard: Vendetta, which isn't the best FPS on the Gamecube, but at least it's entertaining, anyways, I've been looking into selling my PSP so I have money for the SDML and some DVD-R's, but there lies the problem, I don't know which set of DVD-R's to use, I've been looking at these for quite some time now

" http://www.amazon.com/Fujifilm-2530...qid=1432159656&sr=1-1&keywords=Fujifilm+dvd-r "

I just want to know, are these a really good quality DVD-R to use with the Gamecube or will they require me to pot tweak it? Again, I'm not very comfortable with tearing my Gamecube apart to do such a thing, so if these aren't a good quality, I'll just look for some other DVD-R's.

chadderbox77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so first off I want to point out that I am not comfortable with the XenoGC, I really don't like the idea of opening up my Gamecube and spending money on what could be a disaster, so I've decided to just go with the SD Media Launcher.

Now that we've got that out of the way, let me begin......

So over the past few days I've been searching for a Gamecube with little to no luck, and finally got one for 30$, all hookups and everything, it came with Die Hard: Vendetta, which isn't the best FPS on the Gamecube, but at least it's entertaining, anyways, I've been looking into selling my PSP so I have money for the SDML and some DVD-R's, but there lies the problem, I don't know which set of DVD-R's to use, I've been looking at these for quite some time now

" http://www.amazon.com/Fujifilm-25302410-DVD-R-10-disk-Spindle/dp/B0002MQ75S/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1432159656&sr=1-1&keywords=Fujifilm dvd-r "

I just want to know, are these a really good quality DVD-R to use with the Gamecube or will they require me to pot tweak it? Again, I'm not very comfortable with tearing my Gamecube apart to do such a thing, so if these aren't a good quality, I'll just look for some other DVD-R's.

I can't help you really with your question about those particular dvds but I have found that Ritek lose the ability to work after a couple years or so. I've had to reburn most of my discs onto Phillips discs and supposedly they are way better at holding the info. Also taking apart an modding a Gamecube is the easiest mod job there is, you really can't screw it up if you just tape the modchip to the motherboard with a piece of eletrical tape and use a cheap $3 iron from Ebay and some solder. You would need a gamebit screwdriver though. I mod Cubes and playstations and xbox all the time and the Gamecube is the easiest.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte