I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
I hate this stupid polls... Geez!

Honestly, I have all three, and I think they're all great!

Wii - Great party console, great for pick-up-and-play games, and good for the family, as well as friends/family who aren't very good at games.

360 - Great for hardcore gaming, having something like Xbox live and a gamerscore has sparked new interest in gaming for me.

PS3 - This is my multimedia console. Not only is it my blu-ray player, but it's my 'MP3' player as well, and a UPnP Media Client, since I run a media server on one of my computers, and host myself an "on-demand" service for TV shows.

Enough of these stupid polls, you'll just eventually spark a flame war of eternal fanboyism.

Smuff

Fossilized Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a wii, which I love to bits. As a jaded old gamer of forty i like the way the control sysstem etc is adding a new dimension to the gameplay instead of just sitting there bashing buttons on a "traditional controller".

I also have a 360, and since i got it about a month ago I've hardly got my wii out at all (... I still find this funny even after all this time lol). This is just because I am addicted to Fifa08 on Xbox live.

In short - I love them both... for different reasons.

sonicstorm

Gamertag: Calogero91 add me.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
360, for sure. To me the Wii is garbage and is advertised to children not to the avid gamer, I think it's nintendos worst console. The PS3 is an amazing system but the lack of quality games just puts it down, they really need some better titles. And of course the 360 is just all around a great system, perfect for multimedia, gaming and tonnes of quality games.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another week, another samey poll asking the same question.

I'm a Nintendo fanboy and though I reckon theres lots of great games for it, the 360 is better.

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
I really think that if Nintendo "fixed" their online situation to more closely match the 360, and provided 1 level demos for the VC content, they would garner a lot more interest for the console from a wider range of users.

My Wii gets used mainly by my kids, but I disagree that it's a "kiddie machine". The VC attracts older gamers, and if we just let a bit more time pass, there will, I believe, be more adult oriented games available for the system.

It's a weird machine, with weird controls, and will therefor take a bit more time to "find itself", just like the DS. Also, even though I'm glad it plays games from Nintendo's past, that backwards compatibility is a double edged sword, it tends to water down a system, and focus is harder to achieve. So, give it time, nay-sayers, it will come into it's own one day, and it'll be great.

All that being said (or out-gassed perhaps,) I voted 360 because, for right now anyway, I play it more.

sekhu

moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
at present xbox360>PS3>Wii

I wouldn't touch a 360 myself for fear of RROD, I will buy a PS3 this year at some point, and the wii is plain horrible. I got suckered into buying this crap console, being promised new and exciting ways to enjoy games. It hasn't happened, and I don't see the future very rosy once SSBB and MK Wii are released. There's nothing beyond those two titles to look forward to.

PS3 will gain momentum and it will probably take another 2-3 years before Sony catches up, but I'm looking forward to the upcoming titles, also available on 360 with some titles.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hardware failure issues aside, I feel the X-Box 360 is currently the best console on the market.

ackers

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I gotta 360 and love it. I can play Burnout Paradise on it.
biggrin.gif

HippoSheep

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.dietzel.com
XP
Country
United States
I've played the 360 and own a Wii and ABOSULTY hate ps3 so thats out..but anyway I really love my Wii but I love the 360 for the graphics but I have to go with the Wii....

philco1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All in all ... If you like to play easy games then buy a Wii

If you are into actually having a challenge then consider a 360 or a PS3 however note that the 360 has limited capabilities due to not having an HD drive in it whereas since the PS3 has a Blu Ray Drive in it, game dev's can store non compressed data onto the disks there by avoiding decompression of data during game play. This results in the PS3 requiring little Ram to store data. This fact along with Cell will make the PS3 surpass the 360 in about a year and a half. Moreover, I would rather buy a system which has a fail rate of less than 3% (PS3) than a system which has a fail rate of over 25%. These fail rates are mainly due to the stress that the system has to take since games on the 360 have to be compressed alot in order to fit on a dual layer DVD. This decompression runs the 360's processor like a beast and leads to the system over heating.

A while ago Microsoft introduced a new (65 nm) chip set as well as an improved heat sync into their systems and this has improved the systems stability a lot. I would look into it if you are going to buy a 360. I dont remember which name it is but the code name is either Zepher or Falcon.

Moreover when you consider the value you get out of the PS3 and X360, a PS3 is worth the extra $ in my opinion. Moreover, the HD DVD vs Blu Ray war is starting to favor Blu Ray. As of now the only hard support HD DVD is getting is from Toshiba and Microsoft.

Btw. I am not a PS3 fanboy, I own both the X360 and PS3

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
FYI we had pretty much the same poll back in October:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=63041

I voted 360. I owned a Wii for 6 months and only played it the first couple of weeks, got bored of it quickly.
I still play my 360 a lot though, it's got so many great games. Also I'm going to be using it for movie playback since it supports high definition video playback, unlike my poor crappy computer
smile.gif

GexX2

Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
PS3 for the upcoming games and promise of better games/online.

360 for the game library, and generally smooth online. I don't really have any games that I'm looking foward too on the 360 anymore though except Gears Two. And that will be more of the same.

Wii for picking up old ladies. Really. I haven't ever had any games to look foward to on the wii with the exception of brawl. But once thats out, what next? Wii Fit? Fuck that Nintendo. Fuck that. I've been considering selling my Wii everyday since I beat Prime 3.

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Games - 360
Online multiplayer - 360
Support - 360
Price - 360
Upcoming titles - 360
That is all.

I have to disagree on some. Online Multiplayer, even though the Xbox Live Marketplace has more things, the actual online is laggy as fuck. While on PSN it's fine. The PSN is still a little slow on content, but How can we complain it's free. The Price, the Wii wins on that one. Cheapest current-gen console on the market with a decent line up of games. Upcoming titles I'd say the PS3 has this in the bag. MGS4, Killzone 2, Resistance 2, Uncharted 2, Motorstorm 2, All These sequels are supposed to be great, Can't Wait!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over