Hacking which games come bundled with update 4.5.0?

purechaos996

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it was Animal Crossing that did me in! For the life of me I was trying to figure out what game caused me to update :( Oh well I can't be mad at Animal Crossing xD I've sunk too much time into it.

RachelB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do i safely upgrade my firmware using a game, if i have already downloaded the latest update? Can i just update using the game without doing anything? If not, is it sufficient to just remove the sd card?

Edit: also, i can confirm that usa version animal crossing new leaf does come with 4.5. I just updated to 4.5.0-10U with it.

octopus

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
Is it OK to buy Animal Crossing cartridge and play it? Will it force me to update further? I mean can I buy the game and still use the gateway? Will online work?

IronClouds

GBAtemp's Pokébro
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it OK to buy Animal Crossing cartridge and play it? Will it force me to update further? I mean can I buy the game and still use the gateway? Will online work?

Before updating, retail cartridges usually tell you the version you're going to be updating to, and on that screen is where you can accept or decline it. If a retail cartridge has an update that's 4.5 or less, you can play it without affecting your ability to run the Gateway flashcart (since it works only on 4.1-4.5). I know Mario & Luigi Dream Team has like 5.1 on it, so if you tried playing that, you'd have to accept the update to 5.1 in order for the game to launch. And if you do that, you won't be able to use the Gateway card anymore.

Reactions: octopus

octopus

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
Before updating, retail cartridges usually tell you the version you're going to be updating to
Thanks for your reply. The question actually is if I buy Animal Crossing cartridge and update to 4.5 with it, will I be able to use the game fully with online MP and so on without updating further?

IronClouds

GBAtemp's Pokébro
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your reply. The question actually is if I buy Animal Crossing cartridge and update to 4.5 with it, will I be able to use the game fully with online MP and so on without updating further?

Ah, I see. I'm pretty sure in order to use any legit online MP, you'll need to update to the current firmware version. But I'll let someone with a little more know-how chime in on this.

Reactions: octopus

ocaidoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just an FYI. You DO NOT need an original game to update to 4.5. Just used a Luigi's Mansion dump to update to 4.5 and it worked perfectly. Gateway and OG games are working fine after the update.

which version of gateway did you use to update?
this is my problem. I have a 3DS jp in 4,1 firmware, so i want to update to 4.5 with luigis mansion 2 jp. Sonic2756, you thing it will be OK.

kenwa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hi,
will i be able to update the firmware of my 3ds xl asia (fw4.4) with original game carts from US e.g Donkey Kong CR3D which require fw4.5?

if can, can i do it in gateway mode?

do i need to re-apply the gateway blue cards hacks after in fw4.5?

is it worth it to update from fw4.4 to fw4.5 or i just need to wait for gateway 2.0? TQ

lordgnat

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi everyone :rolleyes: I've recently bought Turbo super stunt squad, it does has the AANP code in the serial, and I checked my 3ds and it's in the 2.2.0-0E system version, I'd like to be really sure this game is in the 4.5.0 version, because my system doesn't show which version the update is, it just say "A system update is required to use this software. Update now?" I would appreciate any given help. Thanks.

IronClouds

GBAtemp's Pokébro
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone :rolleyes: I've recently bought Turbo super stunt squad, it does has the AANP code in the serial, and I checked my 3ds and it's in the 2.2.0-0E system version, I'd like to be really sure this game is in the 4.5.0 version, because my system doesn't show which version the update is, it just say "A system update is required to use this software. Update now?" I would appreciate any given help. Thanks.

You can use Pong20302000's website: http://3ds.essh.co/

Search for your game, scroll to the right. :)

Reactions: Pong20302000

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country

Just use a rom to update with like Luigis Mansion 2 does the trick nicely! Then just update your Emunand to the latest version and all games will work as long as your system firmware is on 4.3.0 - 4.5.0 your OK in that department.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just use a rom to update with like Luigis Mansion 2 does the trick nicely! Then just update your Emunand to the latest version and all games will work as long as your system firmware is on 4.3.0 - 4.5.0 your OK in that department.
You can't use a rom to update if your current version is less than 4.x, as the gateway won't run. Updating from 2.2 needs a retail cart.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: @Xdqwerty, Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! is the Japanese version of the game, different... +1