Hacking Which Flash Cart Should I Get?

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I was hoping to get some help with what card would be most ideal for me. I just have a DS Lite and would like to be able to use DS games and run programs such as "animatee." I was recommended just the plain old R4 card. Would this be fine? Since there are clones and such, which do you guys think is best? Thanks.
Original R4DS, costs about $5. Has the basic functions and works well. Only negative is loss of SDHC support (=max 2GB card). If you want the normal DS functions, go with the R4DS (don't get clones).

kdBz

Full-fledged Sone <3
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hi guys, I am new here. I'm going to buy my first ever DS lite, and I'm wondering if you guys recommend the Acekard 2i, which I've noticed had been removed from your chart. I'm sorry if I sound noobish or rude for the rest of this post as I only have the GBA as my previous handheld :o.

Are there significant problems if I purchase a 2i? Actually, AS I have before i came across your recent revision. And would you guys rather I purchase a R4i Gold or a Supercard DSTwo just in case my Acekard should fail.

Thank you :)

NOTE: I have not purchased my DS Lite yet.

DiabloStorm

Anti-Semantic Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Hi guys, I am new here. I'm going to buy my first ever DS lite, and I'm wondering if you guys recommend the Acekard 2i, which I've noticed had been removed from your chart. I'm sorry if I sound noobish or rude for the rest of this post as I only have the GBA as my previous handheld :o.

Are there significant problems if I purchase a 2i? Actually, AS I have before i came across your recent revision. And would you guys rather I purchase a R4i Gold or a Supercard DSTwo just in case my Acekard should fail.

As a DSTWO owner/user, they've held up ever since I bought mine nearly 2 years ago. I can't speak about other carts though. The chart on the first post does a pretty good job of summing it up.

This review (dstwo) is slightly dated but still has useful info http://gbatemp.net/threads/supercard-dstwo-review.232281/

Reactions: kdBz

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States

The Ak2i has contact issues and a worse build than the AK2.1. If you don't need DSi or 3DS support then go for the 2.1 instead (which can use AKAIO just fine), thus the switch on the chart.

Reactions: kdBz

loco365

Trophies
XP
After looking at this guide, and after contemplating, I'm going with a DSTwo over an R4i now that I have money haha. Thanks for the great guide.

aspire20

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi
After almost 8 years with DS, i'm willing to buy a new ds, 3ds XL.
In my old ds i only used m3ds real, i never had problems with it. I even played the last pokemon bw2 without any problem.
However i dont know which cart i should buy now for XL. I need some help here. I only want play ds games with it, nothing fancier.

I saw this: http://www.discoazul.pt/supercard-dstwo.html
I have to buy a sd card, i thing, but this is good/bad?

Fant

Sup.
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi
After almost 8 years with DS, i'm willing to buy a new ds, 3ds XL.
In my old ds i only used m3ds real, i never had problems with it. I even played the last pokemon bw2 without any problem.
However i dont know which cart i should buy now for XL. I need some help here. I only want play ds games with it, nothing fancier.

I saw this: http://www.discoazul.pt/supercard-dstwo.html
I have to buy a sd card, i thing, but this is good/bad?

You should check out this site http://shoptemp.net/products/Supercard-DSTWO.html
There are some reviews on here and such; to help you find the right site.
I can't see the discoazul on there though.

If you don't want to use the dstwo perks, like emulating gba games, then you could buy one of the cheaper flashcards 'r4i gold' cards are supposed to be pretty good, and support the 3ds. They're £15 rather than £35. Also, they're one of the fastest to bring out new patches and such.

Hope this helps

aspire20

Trophies
XP
Country
You should check out this site http://shoptemp.net/products/Supercard-DSTWO.html
There are some reviews on here and such; to help you find the right site.
I can't see the discoazul on there though.

If you don't want to use the dstwo perks, like emulating gba games, then you could buy one of the cheaper flashcards 'r4i gold' cards are supposed to be pretty good, and support the 3ds. They're £15 rather than £35. Also, they're one of the fastest to bring out new patches and such.

Hope this helps

Yay. Thanks for the fast reply. DiscoAzul is safe. I bought several things in there, anyway.
I also saw the r4igold, much cheaper in fact. But any of those will play ds games without problems, right?

Thanks again (=

Fant

Sup.
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've just tried it tried, put in my card details twice and submitted it, but i keep getting a message saying "The actual amount does not match"

The status of my order says "payworksunpaid" (and for some reason there's 3 orders..) i hope i'm not getting charged for this..
I have the same problem, used a discount code... then two orders (including the discounted) say 'payworksunpaid', and one order (unfortunately at the full price) says 'payworksapproved'.
Could you let me know the outcome of your order? I emailed them, but haven't heard anything back yet.

Poena

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi everyone,

This is my first post and I am an absolute n00b when it comes to gaming consoles so I apologise in advance if I ask anything supremely stupid.

I have just purchased a Nintendo 3DS XL for my daughter's upcoming birthday. I am looking to purchase a flashcart to put games on and from what I have read so far I want to be looking at either an R4i Gold (so confusing when they are all named so similarly!) which is this one: http://r4andmore.com/r4i-gold-3ds-for-3ds-xl-dsi-dslite-ds/ or a Supercard DSTwo which is this one: http://r4andmore.com/supercard-dstwo-for-3ds-xl-dsi-dslite-ds/

The console is still in the box so I am not really sure what version it is running but according to the Australian Nintendo site the most current version over here is 4.4.0-10 so both cards should run fine straight up.

Now I have a couple of questions that I am hoping to get some help on...

1. Does the 3DS ask to install updates or does it do so automatically? We don't have a DS to update the card on, should the 3DS update before we patch the card, so I am going to need to prevent this at all costs. If it automatically updates can I keep the wireless turned off and prevent it from upgrading that way or is there another way or trick to it?

2. Which of the two cards mentioned above has the most child friendly user interface? My daughter is turning 7 so I would very much like a simplistic layout so that she can navigate it by herself.

I like getting the best that I can (which is the Supercard DSTwo) but I am wondering if I may be better off getting the R4i Gold initially with the intention of purchasing the other further down the line when she is ready to branch out into the SNES and GBA games. Thoughts?

Thank you all in advance for your time.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
1. Does the 3DS ask to install updates or does it do so automatically? We don't have a DS to update the card on, should the 3DS update before we patch the card, so I am going to need to prevent this at all costs. If it automatically updates can I keep the wireless turned off and prevent it from upgrading that way or is there another way or trick to it?
Turn all automatic download/update/connection settings off, and it won't do it automatically. But it will still ask you any time you want to do something that needs a new version (access the eshop, play some new 3DS games, etc.). The 3DS with flash carts is not really kid-friendly when it comes to preventing updates. There's nothing you can do to stop it from asking them, and they only have to tell it yes once.

2. Which of the two cards mentioned above has the most child friendly user interface? My daughter is turning 7 so I would very much like a simplistic layout so that she can navigate it by herself.
Both of them work the same way. Pretty much every flash cart nowadays uses the same type of interface/

I like getting the best that I can (which is the Supercard DSTwo) but I am wondering if I may be better off getting the R4i Gold initially with the intention of purchasing the other further down the line when she is ready to branch out into the SNES and GBA games. Thoughts?
The DSTwo has a better update process, and can sometimes update even when the 3DS updated first (a feature special to it).

Poena

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
One last question: If I was to purchase the DSTwo internationally, would it be compatible with an Australian console? Thanks.

tides

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does the supercart dstwo still work on the 3ds xl with the 5. something -11 update? the newest update

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Imma make quesadillas for lunch :D +1