Which consoles have you packed away?

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Due to lack of space I've decided to store my PS3 60GB in a box because it was taking too much space (even in vertical position) and so instead I've kept the 360 (for YouTube and DVDs), Wii (GameCube) and Wii U (Wii U and eShop games).

The PS3 60GB is my second PS3 (1st is a PS3 Slim 250GB) and when I first bought I'd play tons of PS2 and PS3 games but now it was just gathering dust so figured I'd do justice and tuck it away. It's a cool collectible of a console (given that it still works) as it plays PS1, PS2 and PS3 games (PS4 could play PS1 and PS2 games considering it's powerful enough, I think).

So have you done any packing of your own to save space?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really just my Gamecube, Wii, and PSX.

Gamecube was redundant with the Wii, and the PSX is redundant with the PS2/3/4.

The Wii right now is at a friend's house, his Wii couldn't run pirated games so I brought it over one day and cared so little that its been there for like months.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I have a newer PS1 (Original grey brick, not the white slim PSone), an original Xbox black brick, an original Gameboy grey brick, and an original NES grey brick. I still use my Wii as a DVD player.

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
PS1
SNES
N64
Gamecube
Saturn
Dreamcast
GBC
Amiga 1200

I can't bring myself to get rid of them even though I know I'll never use them again. I even have a RROD'd Xbox 360 that somebody gave me. I meant to get it refurbished and hacked/modded but I never did.

nasune

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Honestly, it would be easier to list the consoles that I have hooked up at the moment :D . Let's see, I have the following consoles/handhelds tucked away:
A Nintendo Famicom (with Famicom Disc System), a NES, SNES, a Super Famicom, a Nintendo 64 (PAL), another Nintendo 64 (NTSC-U, with 64DD), two Gamecubes, a Wii, a Gameboy, a Gameboy Pocket, a Gameboy Light, a Gameboy Color, a Gameboy Advance, two Virtual Boys, a Zelda Game & Watch, a Donkey Kong Jr. Tabletop Game & Watch, three Playstations (one original and two PSones), a Playstation 2, an Xbox, three Atari 2600s (a Woody 4-switch, a Junior Short Rainbow, and a Junior Rev A), an Atari 7800, an Atari 600 XL , an Atari 1040ST (F), two Atari Lynxes, an Atari Jaguar, a Sega Master System, a Sega Mega Drive, a Sega Saturn, a Sega Game Gear, a Sega Dreamcast, a Commodore 64, a Commodore Amiga A500, a Sinclair ZX Spectrum +, two Philips G-7000 systems, three MSX systems (Philips MVS-8220 (MSX2), Mitsubishi MLF-80 (MSX), Sony HB-F700P (MSX), a Philips CD-i, an Audiosonic 1292, an Audiosonic Telesports III, a C.I.C 406, a 3DO FZ-1, a Vectrex, a NEC PC Engine, a Bandai Wonderswan Colour, a Nokia N-Gage, and three clones ( a Famulator (famiclone), an Entertainment Computer System (NES clone), and another generic NES clone.

Compare that to the Systems that are hooked up (A Wii, a WiiU, a DS, a 3DS, a PS2, two PS3 systems, a PS4, a PSP, a PS Vita, an Xbox, an Xbox 360, and a NES clone) and you'll see that it's far easier to list those systems :P .

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PS3 and 360 at the moment. I still need to play The Stick of Truth and my laptop's out of the question (it chugs on Super Meat Boy), so I'll have to pull one out eventually.

Unless the game gets a gratuitous next gen port, of course. I'd be down with that.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
At the moment I only have a few consoles that have been put away...I have a GC sitting in my closet (that's been there for ages), I have a few OG XBOXs sitting in storage (1 sealed Halo edition, 1 unsealed Halo edition, and 1 OG that's been opened but never used), and...I think that's about it. I don't have a whole lot of consoles around anymore really, all I have that are out and that I still play are a PS1/PS3/PS4 and a Wii U (and a 3DS and a Vita, but the former hasn't been touched in weeks).

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Packed away in its original box in the loft my old NES and N64. Also Gamecube, XboxOne because I only have 2 limited games for it at the moment and I don't really use it tbh, PS3 comes in and out sometimes but spends more time in its box.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If it can be reasonably emulated by my setups then it is probably in storage, plus the N64 because most of the games I would consider playing have been ported or remade in a superior form elsewhere. Plus a 360 or two that I still need to get around to modding I guess.

I still have a GBA SP, PSP and a DS out, the DS is mainly for tetris and the PSP is my audiobook player. I have a gamecube fairly near to hand in case we decide to play a bit of it (no wii around here) and the PS2 is technically in a similar position (I have a few things I need to play for it). My original xbox finally got retired to the cupboard of wonder as I realised I was using the raspberry pi xbmc more (if nothing else it does H264 which seems to be the order of the day these days).
Somewhere around here then is a commodore vic20, some kind of amstrad, possibly an amiga (not sure what model), a commodore 64, probably a couple of PS1s, a PS2 slim, a handful of N64s, a few 360s in various states of disrepair, a master system, several nes consoles, possibly my old megadrive. Controllers for all of them but I tend to pull them apart when I want some soldering practice or to cannibalise for parts (I will not lie in this instance and I do have to say I do it because deep down I know it annoys people that will probably end their days with a house full of junk) so their numbers have probably dwindled a bit.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Due to space constraints not in my TV set:
-PSX
-PS2
-Xbox (Orig.)
-NES
-FC
-SNES
-N64
-GC x2
-Wii
-PSP x2
-PSPGo x2
-GB
-GBC
-GBA SP
-DSLite
-DSiXL
-3DS (on 4.5, but replaced mainly by a 3DS XL)

Most consoles are in safe keeping also due to my computer handling emulation on most of the mentioned platforms than the original platforms could ever handle as native. I do take one of the consoles out every now and then due to having bought quite a few EverDrives/modding the consoles to make it less of a hassle to find the specific game(s) I want to play. My game collection itself grows as time goes on, since I tend to buy the games I imagine I'll find time to play at some point.

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My PSP hasn't seen the light of day for quite a while. Wii just got replaced with a Wii U and packed up. That's sitting in my basement next to my PS2 (for Dance Dance Revolution), PS3's on my bedroom dresser, and 3DS is on my desk.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)