Hardware Which Console

midnight1001

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Ok whats your thoughts should i wait to get the wiiu or go out now and get a ps3 or an xbox. Id love to own any of these 3 but just want to see what u reccomend.
Thoughts

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I say you may as well go get a PS3/360 now and enjoy the fact both consoles have a big library of games available. Particularly as a lot of older games can be had for a relative pittance.

Reactions: 3 people

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldnt buy ANY console at launch... but that's me.
Between PS3 and 360, it all depends on the types of games you like.

PriMieon

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i would try wii u... cuz 360 has online cost and ads..
wii u is from nintendo and has a lot of great exclusives like zelda mario pokemon super smash bros. and so on....
i at least would wait to this years e3... cuz if the console is powerful it will likely get a lot of 3rd party support

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i would try wii u... cuz 360 has online cost and ads..
wii u is from nintendo and has a lot of great exclusives like zelda mario pokemon super smash bros. and so on....
i at least would wait to this years e3... cuz if the console is powerful it will likely get a lot of 3rd party support

The PS3 says hi.

Also I do subscribe to Xbox Live and yeah the ads are fucking retarded but the entire service is pretty good. If you have Xfinity/Fios then you can have access to On Demand, plus there's Netflix, Youtube, and the gaming experience is pretty good too.

Also, just get a PS3 or Xbox 360 now. It's lie 5+ years of game library already. Not buying one is as simple as not buying a good console.

Reactions: 1 person

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I would go for PS3. I just cannot afford the Live Gold (Silver is very limited).

However, a more feasible option would be waiting till E3. Maybe then, current-gen consoles will get price cuts and something about the Wii U will entice.

midnight1001

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks everyone I think i will buy a console. I was given an xbox 360 last week but it dosent work it keeps giving an error. i might just get that repaired. It would be a lot cheaper than buying a new console.
PS. Cant wait till E3. Really wanna see what the wiiu is gonna be like.

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Wii U isn't likely to come out for at least another 5-6 months (Holiday shopping season starts late October and runs through December, Nintendo isn't going to wait till December to release and risk not hitting the shopping season at it's prime). That's more than enough time to get a current gen console and start saving for the Wii U if you like. Come E3 you'll have a pretty good idea if the Wii U will truly interest you (at launch) game wise, and any additional money you save up if you don't get a Wii U you can invest directly into PS3/Box games.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I would go for a 360, simply because you can get a used phat for pretty cheap at Gamestop. Unless, of course, there are a bunch of PS3 exclusives you really like, and prefer free online. Definitely no point in owning both of those, IMO.

As for Wii U, really no way to tell right now whether you'll "like" it or not, since it hasn't come out yet... I'm definitely going to be getting a Wii-U simply because, I admit it, I'm a complete Nintendo fanboy and need my Zelda, Metroid, and Mario. So unless you are that much of a diehard Nintendo fan, I'd wait for a while after launch to see what the lineup looks like.

Deltaechoe

The Dopefish
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I personally was planning on just getting a Wii U and also either the next playstation or xbox, whichever one has a better selection of launch games

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That, you don't even need a high end PC to get 360/PS3 quality graphics (most PS3 games seem to look worst than 360, which is a shame) and then you can do other stuff on it. Sure you may need to wait an extra month for a game to be released and then wait a week or so its patched properly but in the long run you'll save a lot more money especially with Steam sales.

Of course if you really would prefer a console then go for PS3, seems to have better exclusives. Buying a Wii U on launch day I'd only recommend to Nintendo fanboys, people who are impatient and those of us who already have a good gaming set up but have some spare cash.

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: You could say the same for a couple or so threads that used to be popular, I guess.