Gaming Which Ambassador NES game are you looking forward to?

What NES game are you looking forward to most?

• Super Mario Bros.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey Kong Jr.

• Balloon Fight

• Ice Climber

• The Legend of Zelda

• Metroid

• NES Open Tournament Golf

• Wrecking Crew

• Zelda II - The Adventure of Link

• Yoshi

• Total voters

Weaselpipe

Erratic Temp user
Trophies
XP
Country
TDWP FTW said:
Super Mario Bros is a classic that never seems to get old for me.
This is why I voted SMB, despite my love of the Zelda's and Metroid. Super Mario Bros was the first game I ever played, and even playing on an emulator takes me back to being a 5 year old in awe of his friends ability to actually control something that was happening on a television. I shall never tire of it- the simple understandable physics, the instantly recognisable catchy music and the increasing difficulty level have never- in my opinion- been so well combined in one package

QUOTE(Another World @ Aug 31 2011, 07:38 AM) zelda II is a great game and winning it is really satisfying. i haven't played it a long time. the last time i remember playing it was using the actual hardware when i was about 15. i'm looking forwarding to playing it on the 3ds. it will give me a reason to use my 3ds.

-another world
Another of my first games- definitely the first Zelda game I played. As a 5-6 year old trying to get my head around where to go next took up a lot of my time, even now I struggle to get through without help! Though it gets a lot of stick from the Zelda fanbase it stands up as a great title if you throw all of your preconceptions about subsequent Zelda's out of the metaphorical window. A bloody difficult game, albeit one I will always return to.

NES Metroid is seriously flawed in places yet is still one of the best titles- of all of them Yoshi is the poorest of the lot, the 'cash in on the success of columns and tetris' concept could have worked if it weren't so.... broken

Phyl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Metroid. I haven't played the original (Played Zero mission though)
I'll be looking forward to Zelda and Zelda II also.

Not overly excited about the other games though. :/

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was hoping for zelda 2... My god I wish they'd make a proper sequel to this game. Every time someone says Zelda games are RPGs or action RPGs I correct them that Zelda 2 is the ONLY action RPG in the series.

Omninox

GBATemp's™ Retired Cheats Compiler
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Metroid, mostly because i've never played a metroid game before. I would of said mario bros but i've played that game over and over too many times already, so not really "hyped up", but still gonna love it xD

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Of course Metroid for me, what else?
wink.gif

@iMasaru: I wouldn't recommend Metroid as your first Metroid game. You'd rather should play Metroid Zero Mission.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
None really... NES games don't interest me much. My first console was a SNES and anything older than that I just find the graphics and sound too crappy. Mostly the sound. And not having played it as a kid doesn't help either since the only reason I play SNES games nowadays is for nostalgia.
Sound is the most important thing for me in a game, if it's great chances I'll like that game are high if it's a genre I like. If it's bad I probably won't be interested in the game no matter the genre. NES games can have a good soundtrack but can't really sound good because of the limitations of the hardware. SNES games sound great though.

I'm looking forward to the GBA ambassador games a lot though
smile.gif

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Real Jdbye said:
None really... NES games don't interest me much. My first console was a SNES and anything older than that I just find the graphics and sound too crappy. Mostly the sound. And not having played it as a kid doesn't help either since the only reason I play SNES games nowadays is for nostalgia.
Sound is the most important thing for me in a game, if it's great chances I'll like that game are high if it's a genre I like. If it's bad I probably won't be interested in the game no matter the genre. NES games can have a good soundtrack but can't really sound good because of the limitations of the hardware. SNES games sound great though.

I'm looking forward to the GBA ambassador games a lot though
smile.gif

Strange, the music & sounds in NES games is much of what keeps me coming back. I think these guys feel the same ....

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8Gt4tOUd-g[/youtube]

sonicsmash2

Trophies
XP
Country
What i wanted to try was wrecking crew and metroid as i havent beaten it or gotten far... but im a bit disapointed there isnt megaman or kirby
frown.gif

Still, quite a few of these games i havent finished, be nice to do so, zelda especially will take a while...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bigonya uses his wiener to mod 360s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Going to the water park, see ya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You should update the 360 to newest dash before RGHing it yes. But not a big deal if you don't, you can install new dash/avatar updates after. It's just easier to do it auto online before, instead manual offline after.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have fun @Xdqwerty. If you see a chocolate candy bar floating in the water, don't eat it!
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O:ohnoes: Y didn't U Tell ME that ALSO? @BigOnYa :ohnoes: 🤢🤮
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Does it taste like... chicken?
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I wanted to ask you about your experience with seeing south park. Most of the people a bit younger like my younger brother and cousins that are a few younger than me that saw kids found south park funny because of the curse words, kids at school, that seemed like liking the show on a very basic level.

I could not quite have a in depth discussion of the show.

How was it for you? As an adult. What did you find the most interesting part about it. Did you relate to the parents of the kids and their situations. Was it satires, the commentary on society. The references on celebrities' and pop culture.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remember seeing the very first episode back in the day, and have watched every episode since. I used to set my VCR to record them even, shows how long ago.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just like any comedies really, and cartoons have always been a favorite of mine. Family guy, American Dad, Futurama, Cleveland Show, Simpsons - I like them all.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    South Park is great cause they always touch on relavent issues going on today, and make something funny out of it.
    +3
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa were you always up to date on the current events and issues of the time or were there issues that you first found out thru south park
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Most of the time yea I knew, I watch and read the news regularly, but sometimes the Hollywood BS stuff, like concerning actors slip by me. I don't follow most Hollywood BS (example: the Kardasians)
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa there were relevant issues before south park was made, that's why i think a south park prequel/spinoff would be great. Randy and his friends in their child hood
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, like them running in high school together, getting into stuff, and how they got hitched and had kids. And how the town of South Park was back then compared to now. That would be cool to see.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @salazarcosplay if they made a prequel, it would still be about current issues, cause it doesn't make sense to make it about stuff that happened 30 years ago that nobody cares about anymore
    it's too late
    the older south park episodes about particular issues usually age poorly since the topic is no longer relevant
    an exception is giant douche vs turd sandwich, that's always relevant :P
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was gone for like an hour and none of you thought to write or call pos
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We knew you were going to Sonic to get lunch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sonics fast I would've been home in 10 mins
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Meet and greet with AncientBoi then?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That would've gone slow he's old
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That would've gone slow he's old +1