Where to start?

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by 8175, Nov 6, 2017.

1. 8175
    OP

8175 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 6, 2017
    United Kingdom
    I bought a slim ps3, already jailbroken and updated it to 4.81 debug rex, I ftp'd a few games over installed multiman but every game shows a black screen when launched. I'm at my wits end trying to just get a game playable. Sorry to make this my first post but it's been years since I messed around with a cfw console and I'm well out of the loop.

It'd be cool if anyone had links to up to date tutorials or a list of the best apps to try or just a little info to point a newbie in the right direction.

Thanks in advance

2. ScarletDreamz

ScarletDreamz [Debug Mode]

Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    California
    8175 likes this.
  3. 8175
    OP

8175 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 6, 2017
    United Kingdom
    Thanks Scarlet, so do you think pk420 cfw or rebug 4.81 cfw is better? Sorry if ive got the names wrong.

And would I just install multiman and that's It, load a few games and play?

4. ScarletDreamz

Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    California
    pk420? not quite sure what custom firmware is that, rebug 4.81 is your way to go.

Yes, also, multiman descriptions:
    multiMAN combines Open Manager, mmOS File Manager and AVCHD for an all in one solution. It allows users to run backups, watch AVCHD videos and manage there files. Formerly known as AVCHD and Game Manager, it is now being called multiMAN. The word multi is essential to this manager due to it's multifunctional tools. multiMAN does more then just backup games to your PS3.

5. kumikochan

kumikochan GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 4, 2015
    Belgium
    Tongeren
    Webman is your way to go and not multiman.
    Install rebug toolbox. Then enable webman, make sure to set fancontrol in webman settings. I advise to set a temp limit of 65 degrees, but 70 is also okay.
    Make sure when updating to custom firmware to disable wifi and lan and don't put a disc in.

Last edited by kumikochan, Nov 6, 2017
  6. ScarletDreamz

Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    California
    True, i confused both launchers, but still, MulTiMan lets your mess with some other stuff on the files ;D

7. kumikochan

kumikochan GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 4, 2015
    Belgium
    Tongeren
    Ofcourse, i also have multiman installed but webman is still better for loading up games especially for new users. Just easy to launch from xmb and it is preinstalled with rebug so

8. ScarletDreamz

Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    California
    Yes, totally agree with this, my bad for confusing the names.

9. 8175
    OP

8175 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 6, 2017
    United Kingdom
    Thank you guys, will investigate tonight

10. Zeigren

Zeigren Member

Newcomer
    Sep 19, 2013
    United States
    I'm assuming you meant Playerkp420's Dual Boot? I would stick with just REX Rebug at first, you can always mess with dual booting later.

8175 likes this.
  11. 8175
    OP

8175 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 6, 2017
    United Kingdom
    Thanks for all the replies, still no closer to figuring out why the ps3 locks up with a black screen when attempting to load games but I'll keep messing about with it