GCN Where to find cheap gamecube games?

drakorex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to find some dirt cheap gamecube games for verification with Devolution, and was wondering if there were any good sites I missed. The games don't even have to be in good condition, just good enough to verify.

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
depends how cheap is cheap, but the amazon market place has some fair prices for Gamecube games, managed to find some as cheap as 50 cents but with 3 bucks shipping

Chocolina

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depends on what your definition of dirt cheap is and how low you're willing to go on game quality. If you do auctions you're at the mercy of the luck-of-the-draw, and if you do Buy Now, then theres dozens of old sports games, kid's movie games, and kid's tv show games. Waverace is generally the cheapest Nintendo game you can snag. The rest the "quality" in the $5 or less bin is Splinter Cell, Tak, and Naruto Clash of Ninja, if anyone is even interested.

Reactions: Foxi4

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
You're getting a Like not so much for your post but solely for your signature which is accurate and apt. :)

As far as getting all kinds of oldies is concerned, here you go:
  • Retro game stores - yes, those exist. They normally have the largest selection of titles, but at the same time, their prices are the highest.
  • Flea markets and garage sales - you can get a lot of stuff for next to no gil on those. The problem here is that first you have to find it and then you have to haggle, and on top of that, they're periodical so you can't take advantage of them any time you want.
  • Craigslist or equivalents - This is also another cheap way to get lots of stuff, but in this case it's a rat race. The faster you pick the item up the better for you, and you'll be meeting a lot of stragers on the way, so... Yeah.
  • EBay - Honestly? One of my favorites. A little bit of browsing gets you immediate results and if you feel like going through the painful and nerve-wrecking process of bidding and getting outbidded in an endless cycle, this is the method for you.
  • Amazon.com or equivalents - you'd be surprised how many discontinued products you can just buy in normal online stores these days. Sometimes giving Google a little nudge yeilds surprisingly good results!

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There also services like gamefly. I has not been mentioned but it will definitely work with devolution... Not that cheap though but you can get the game you want.
Gamestop also has some GC games for cheap but i think there selection is crap.

drakorex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was hoping to go with gamefly only as a last resort, as I have other people with wiis too. When Dips Mios came out, I started selling off all my gamecube games, thinking I don't need them anymore. Now Devo is gonna make me collect more than I ever wanted.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
You can probably find one on Amazon, just be sure to select Lowest Price to Highest Price.

I purchased around 10-20 GameCube games which I always wanted and now I don't even play them but I will someday. One of them being the popular Twilight Princess which was a bit expensive for my wallet.

slingblade1170

Trophies
Website
xtremehack.net
XP
Country
United States
I went into Gamestop and ask the dude at the desk if they had any somewhere and he opened a giant drawer with tons of $2 GC games that never sold. You could try that.

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And it's going to depend on what games you want. You're probably not going to be finding Skies of Arcadia Legends in a $2 drawer, for instance. But if all you want is Madden games, you might be able to get them to pay you to take those if you haggle enough.

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually they had quite a few great ones, Mario sunshine, smash bros, wave race, fire emblem, etc.

Well, it's not JUST the quality of the game, but how available it is. You gotta think Mario Sunshine and Smash Bros had a hell of a bigger print run than SOAL.

slingblade1170

Trophies
Website
xtremehack.net
XP
Country
United States
Well, it's not JUST the quality of the game, but how available it is. You gotta think Mario Sunshine and Smash Bros had a hell of a bigger print run than SOAL.

Yeah I get it, my point was I just simply ask out of curiosity and found a few gems for my collection. Couldn't hurt for darkorex to do the same and see what he can come up with.

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have some local thrift stores I am a big backer of those...

I have a fairly large collection of GC games now thanks to them mostly in mint condition and some quite rare ones too.

The best part is I only pay like 2 bucks each (the price at one of my favorite local thrift store.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse