Hacking Where is the Wiikey U?

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is this "Decryption" that is coming soon? Is it the same as the Kernel exploit?
Decryption is just the "undoing" of encryption so we can edit isos, eventually write to the wii u nand etc etc.

Of course there are different keys for different tasks (ninty was smart this time around ;) ).

Most (if not all) of the private keys have been obtained by others but have yet to see the light if day. I assume most of the people who do have them, fear legal repurcussions for leaking confidential propietary info and thats why they arent releasing the keys they found.

Of course they could just release the method fir obtaing the keys and then any responsibly for misuse would fall on the end user...

Vappy

Trophies
XP
Country
Of course they could just release the method fir obtaing the keys and then any responsibly for misuse would fall on the end user...

We should be so lucky. :rolleyes: If this generation's scenes have shown anything, it's that if people want something, they're going to have to work for it, as MN1 and NWPlayer have been. I think it'll be a long while yet before we see a scene at all resembling the one the Wii had, not least of all because of the apparent lack of interest from a lot of devs.

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would something like Gecko OS for Wii U game cheats be possible?

Yes, all that is is patching the memory, something we can already do with the WebKit exploit. Only, with a kernel exploit, we can patch the ENTIRE memory, since normally only a small portion is accessible. It's how Bean and Chadderz have been doing all those text and music hacks they put up.

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We should be so lucky. :rolleyes: If this generation's scenes have shown anything, it's that if people want something, they're going to have to work for it, as MN1 and NWPlayer have been. I think it'll be a long while yet before we see a scene at all resembling the one the Wii had, not least of all because of the apparent lack of interest from a lot of devs.
I am on 5.3.2 so I am not going to be able to play around. I've always wanted a way to backup the nand/emmc and restore it as insurance. A "bootmii" or priiloader type of protection would be great.

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

dekuleon

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Sadly it seems in the future the "scene" will be conducted by people profiting with it, like Team Gateway.

Reactions: nonameboy

narutopet112

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yes, all that is is patching the memory, something we can already do with the WebKit exploit. Only, with a kernel exploit, we can patch the ENTIRE memory, since normally only a small portion is accessible. It's how Bean and Chadderz have been doing all those text and music hacks they put up.

Are you guys also working on to make it work on the latest wii u version

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
Not trying to spread a rumor, but again, my re-seller send me a email today, basically saying this:

"Your order is in the backorder. The 1st production of the Wiikey U is delayed to February 2015."

It could be possible, they also said that the Wiikey team finally got their supplier for the missing part they needed this month.

Reactions: dekuleon

dekuleon

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Not trying to spread a rumor, but again, my re-seller send me a email today, basically saying this:

"Your order is in the backorder. The 1st production of the Wiikey U is delayed to February 2015."

It could be possible, they also said that the Wiikey team finally got their supplier for the missing part they needed this month.

Try asking them if it will work on any firmware for installation, please!

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, they'd have to ask the Wiikey team, I never ask anything. They just update us with information they get from the Key team.
Can you share with us what reseller you are using?

One would think that would warrant a news release on the website.

EDIT: on the Wiikey website.

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
Can you share with us what reseller you are using?

One would think that would warrant a news release on the website.

Meh, as I said, it could be just a rumor thing. Either from the Wiikey team, getting their own hopes up.

But the re-seller is based in The Netherlands, and therefore Dutch.
They are a official re-seller.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: