Gaming Where is Metroid?

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
How exactly will 2015 be a better year for Wii U than 2014?

The only two games that stand out and which the public really cares about are, 1) Zelda and 2) Xenoblade. The rest is more or less for the fans.

This is the complete truth.

In 2014 we got some pretty solid stuff, e.g. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8, Hyrule Warriors, Bayonetta 1 + 2, Super Smash Bros., Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker... but of those games only Mario Kart 8 and to a lesser extent Smash Bros. has wider appeal. Nobody is going to care about anything other than Zelda and Xenoblade X. Only hardcore players dedicated to Nintendo platforms will be interested in stuff like Mario Maker, Yoshi's Woolly World, Mario Party 10, etc. Splatoon may have a chance of becoming a hit much like Halo for Xbox, but it's up in the air whether that's going to happen or not.

I'm kind of surprised no one here has mentioned Devil's Third yet. Or did we entirely give up on third parties now? (I know the game looks like crap in the trailers, but it's supposedly much better now.) I'm interested in this game for the fact it's NOT being developed by Koei Tecmo and that's a seriously good thing. Almost everything KT spits out is complete garbage or utter garbage (I'm looking at you, Hyrule Warriors).

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

In 2014 we got some pretty solid stuff, e.g. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8, Hyrule Warriors, Bayonetta 1 + 2, Super Smash Bros., Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker... but of those games only Mario Kart 8 and to a lesser extent Smash Bros. has wider appeal. Nobody is going to care about anything other than Zelda and Xenoblade X. Only hardcore players dedicated to Nintendo platforms will be interested in stuff like Mario Maker, Yoshi's Woolly World, Mario Party 10, etc. Splatoon may have a chance of becoming a hit much like Halo for Xbox, but it's up in the air whether that's going to happen or not.

I'm kind of surprised no one here has mentioned Devil's Third yet. Or did we entirely give up on third parties now? (I know the game looks like crap in the trailers, but it's supposedly much better now.) I'm interested in this game for the fact it's NOT being developed by Koei Tecmo and that's a seriously good thing. Almost everything KT spits out is complete garbage or utter garbage (I'm looking at you, Hyrule Warriors).
First of all I can say hyrule warriors was pretty good but not great.

Second of all I really don't see mainstream interest for xenoblade although it easily may be the best game of the year for Wii u.

Thirdly devils third is basically a 2nd party tittle like Lego city undercover. I'm not expecting much from D3 but I hope its good

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Second of all I really don't see mainstream interest for xenoblade
I beg to differ. It's perhaps the only title thus far ever to come to the Wii U that has a bit of that mainstream appeal to it. Realistic graphics, great soundtrack, huge monsters / aliens to fight against, open world? What's not to like, sounds like many AAA titles out there. It just boils down to marketing and if Nintendo is smart about pushing Xenoblade X to the masses. It's Nintendo's fault if Xenoblade X doesn't get huge sales because it's the one game I'd buy an entire console for if I didn't own a Wii U already. (Please note: I've never played Xenoblade Chronicles on the Wii.)

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip

The gameplay of Devil's Third looks fun but the voice acting is apparently horrible though since the voices can be muted it's not really a problem. I done the same for Pac-Man Ghostly Adventures' games and it was a lot better without them!

RevPokemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I beg to differ. It's perhaps the only title thus far ever to come to the Wii U that has a bit of that mainstream appeal to it. Realistic graphics, great soundtrack, huge monsters / aliens to fight against, open world? What's not to like, sounds like many AAA titles out there. It just boils down to marketing and if Nintendo is smart about pushing Xenoblade X to the masses. It's Nintendo's fault if Xenoblade X doesn't get huge sales because it's the one game I'd buy an entire console for if I didn't own a Wii U already. (Please note: I've never played Xenoblade Chronicles on the Wii.)
I agree with about every thing you just said BUT my problem is I do not trust Nintendo to promote the game to the masses and likewise although it WILL be a great game I don't see it having good sales

Reactions: shinkodachi

Centrix

Stop Poking the Moogle!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you
Now it is safe to say apart from Nintendo, NO ONE is/will make games for Wii U for the foreseeable future. Although sad I am ok with this as I look at my Wii U not as the main gaming device. I have to mention I am talking about AAA games not indie games...
Now I really do not understand why Nintendo is not announcing a Metroid game...! All of the previous Metroid games on GC and Wii were well received and I believe sold moderately well. Considering Nintendo relies on their own property to move console units, I cant understand why they are not making a new Metroid game for Wii U, or are they...?

Are You Serious lol, I guess you haven't been paying very close attention to how much Nintendo has turned the Wii U around in sales this past year or so, the last I heard it was in second place where sales are concerned, if theirs even a place to be had. Secondly, if memory serves right there are two official Metroid games in the works but have not been announced for any one system by Nintendo yet. You should be able to find the article on Google (No not talking about the canceled Metroid game for the 3DS either.) Look and you shall have your answers bud, the inter webs is a huge place ;)

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I agree with about every thing you just said BUT my problem is I do not trust Nintendo to promote the game to the masses and likewise although it WILL be a great game I don't see it having good sales
I honestly think Nintendo has done poorly to even promote their first rate games like Smash Bros. I think they did well with Mario Kart 8, though even that could've been marketed on a much larger scale. I second your statement, leave it to Nintendo's marketing to ruin otherwise perfectly good games.

Reactions: WiiCube_2013

RevPokemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I honestly think Nintendo has done poorly to even promote their first rate games like Smash Bros. I think they did well with Mario Kart 8, though even that could've been marketed on a much larger scale. I second your statement, leave it to Nintendo's marketing to ruin otherwise perfectly good games.
Also another issue with ssb4 was they kept running out of GC contoller adapters and amiibo figures.

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Also another issue with ssb4 was they kept running out of GC contoller adapters and amiibo figures.

It's not like they've properly explained what amiibo are. Most people probably think "oh, look these are the new Nintendo Infinity / Skylanders toys". Don't even get me started on GameCube controller support...

Reactions: WiiCube_2013

Centrix

Stop Poking the Moogle!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Until subspace part where you had to complete the great maze, it really felt like a cheap way to prolong the game. But yeah ssb4 really needed a story mode

From what I understood of the situation as to why there wasn't one, apparently at the start of development for the story mode pictures where leaked which in turn pissed Sakurai off and he had his team pull the mode from the game! (nice consequence the millions of fans who play your game for one persons stupid actions) :(

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Until subspace part where you had to complete the great maze, it really felt like a cheap way to prolong the game. But yeah ssb4 really needed a story mode
The story mode of Brawl was pretty 'meh' so I was fine that Smash Wii U didn't have one nor does it need because everyone with an internet connection goes straight to online play.

RevPokemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I understood of the situation as to why there wasn't one, apparently at the start of development for the story mode pictures where leaked which in turn pissed Sakurai off and he had his team pull the mode from the game! (nice consequence the millions of fans who play your game for one persons stupid actions) :(
Samurai was still retard for his decision, leaks often actually help games by creating hype.

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland

Sakurai should've acted like Harada, getting free press for blurting out crap fans don't want to hear: (read this 1st) http://shoryuken.com/2014/12/08/a-c...eds-to-chill-out-about-tekken-7s-lucky-chloe/ (read this 2nd) http://shoryuken.com/2014/12/11/no-tekken-7s-lucky-chloe-is-not-exclusive-to-japan-and-europe/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: empty chat