Gaming Where is Metroid?

hksrb25s14

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another idea I have seen would be to use controls similar to Prime 3, and use the touchpad for the controls on the gun.

Lol, you know what? Why don't Nintendo make a VR headset so we could insert the touchpad in it, so our hands are free for the wii mote and nunchuk. Hahahaha, maybe we'll have to deal with wii motion sickness

chevowner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which games were they?

Nintendo made a limited print of Prime Trilogy for Wii and that screwed most of us who wanted to own it but because it went out of print the prices sky rocketed so if they want to get back to it they can start with an HD collection of it.

They're also aware that the fans want a new F-Zero but their reason or excuse is that they've got no new ideas or whatever but then there's a new Mario spin-off every now and then.

Sadly the only one I remember now is Donkey Kong. As for the Metroid Prime Trilogy keep looking for it if you want a copy. I missed out on a new copy when they were available, but i kept bugging the local used game stores. I found one this year for $49.99 that is like new.

Wisenheimer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pff Metroid? Who wants that when we have like six Mario games.

New Super Mario Bros. U
Super Mario 3D World
Mario Kart 8
Mario Vs. Donkey Kong
Mario Party 10
Mario Maker

Now seriously, Nintendo needs to get off from making so many fucking Mario games (as well as Zelda remakes) and revive old franchises that have been dead for a while.

1. Those are six "Mario games" in the same sense that Gran Turismo, Rachet and Clank, God of War, Little Big Planet, The Last of Us, and Crash Bandicoot are six Sony games. Nintendo slaps its Mario Mascot on about half of its games (give or take, I haven't really counted), but most games featuring Mario on a given console are very different, so it is not as if it is one Mario platformer game and five sequels.

2. Many of those "Mario games" are really successful sales-wise. Metroid is not. Nintendo is going to follow the money, just like any for-profit company. If Sony had a mascot half as successful as Mario, they would probably put him in half of their games too.

3. Nintendo has shown a commitment to releasing Metroid games, even though they have never sold very well. History has shown that it simply is not a system-seller, so don't expect it to be a top priority. They released two Metroid games on the Wii despite the fact that the first Metroid Prime games didn't sell very well on the Gamecube, even though the first one was critically acclaimed and won a number of game of the year awards.

4. They probably want to avoid another Other-M debacle, thinking that they have made this great game that had fantastic graphics (for the Wii at least) and a deep story into the history and motivations of one of their main franchise characters, only to have it seen as doing a disservice to the series by many fans. They probably want time to work on it and make sure the new Metroid game is what Other M should have been.

D

Deleted User

I regret buying my Wii U, and the only reason I still have it is I have been hoping for a new Metroid game. I doubt Nintendo will make a new Metroid game. Maybe its time to dig my POS Wii U out of the closet and sell it, after all its been in there for at least 6 months.

I highly doubt you own a Wii U.

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Pff Metroid? Who wants that when we have like six Mario games.

New Super Mario Bros. U
Super Mario 3D World
Mario Kart 8
Mario Vs. Donkey Kong
Mario Party 10
Mario Maker

Now seriously, Nintendo needs to get off from making so many fucking Mario games (as well as Zelda remakes) and revive old franchises that have been dead for a while.

well if you are counting all of those as mario games, we got metroid in smash too and in nintendoland and an outfit in bayonetta. thats 3 metroid games right there

Reactions: JoostinOnline

chevowner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I highly doubt you own a Wii U.

Challenge accepted.

What is the black item in the center of the picture below?
IMG_20141208_144816.jpg

Yes my hand writing is horrible.

aofelix

Trophies
XP
Country
I want another 3D mario game.

I have not played a metroid game. Which games do you recommend playing first and which are the best?

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sadly the only one I remember now is Donkey Kong. As for the Metroid Prime Trilogy keep looking for it if you want a copy. I missed out on a new copy when they were available, but i kept bugging the local used game stores. I found one this year for $49.99 that is like new.

Go to glyde.com and set an an email alert for when it becomes available. They have corruption listed for $4.75, someone is bound to want to sell their copy eventually. I have made 3 purchases and all have been successful.

chevowner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Go to glyde.com and set an an email alert for when it becomes available. They have corruption listed for $4.75, someone is bound to want to sell their copy eventually. I have made 3 purchases and all have been successful.

Thanks. I was saying I have the trilogy, and if you want a copy keep looking you might find one.

Wisenheimer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want another 3D mario game.

I have not played a metroid game. Which games do you recommend playing first and which are the best?

If you're looking for 3D, I suggest playing through the Metroid Prime Trilogy (I,II,III) on the Wii if you can get it. The other 3-D games are Metroid Hunters for the 3DS (which is regarded by many as the worst) and Metroid: Other M for the Wii, which is actually a fairly good game, but widely disliked for its unusual (though not difficult once you get the hang of it) control scheme and some widely ridiculed Samus character developments.

Super Metroid is probably the best of the 2-D games though the other two for GBA are pretty good as well. The origional NES version of Metroid is a classic, but is very frustrating.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd love to see a Prime game on the Wii U and maybe a good old fashioned side-scroller on the 3DS. Though, as much as I love Metroid, I'd be more interested in a new F-Zero.

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Come ON people, Wii U is only Two years old ¬¬ a Metroid game is in development, YES it is. You want they announce all of their BIGGEST series at once? burn all your gas in just one year? are you guys f*king serious? its like you dont know a s*it about this industry.... Metroid is gonna be announced at the next year E3 if not then will be at somepoint of 2016 but YES we will gonna have a First Person Metroid Game just like Metroid Prime Series ¬¬ but not now, 2017 is the year.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...