Where in god's name can i actually get a Vita for a decent price?

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by lcie nimbus, Dec 18, 2016.

1. lcie nimbus
    OP

Member lcie nimbus 100th degree asskicker

Canada
    I've been thinking of buying a vita lately , but the lowest price I can see on amazon is 230 bucks , and that's an import . does anyone know where I could get this for a halfway decent price . no imports please . thanks .

2. ayanekochan

Member ayanekochan GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Check your local Craigslist. I got lucky and found one under 3.60 at an insanely cheap price cause the guy needed the cash. Really nice condition too.

lcie nimbus likes this.
  3. wzzzzt

Newcomer wzzzzt Newbie

United States
    You could try eBay, camping the new listings for cheap ones or mass watching and sniping eBay auctions with 0-1 bids. Obtaining one for sub-$100 should be easy, and I've recently seen one with a grip and 64GB card go for $150 with 1 bid.

Make sure to ask the seller about the firmware version and check the photos/description for the Vita's condition and what's bundled with it; some of them just happen to slip underneath people's attention, but others get ignored for good reason.

4. Memoir

Member Memoir Undeserved

United States
    Oh wow. Good thing I bought mine a few months ago when it was $175 with a 32GB memory card. Bahahaha.

5. foob

Member foob GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    I am still shocked at how quickly it all happened (Sony quitting the manufacturing of the Vita).
    None to be seen anywhere locally new within reasonable distance, let alone reasonable price.

In my mind, the memory cards totally killed the deal for many. Essentially 1990s tactics used in this age of cheap storage. I guess Sony wanted their money back for the supremely better hardware they were offering, but the result in today's market was total failure. Unless of course you count general-purpose phones and tablets with hideously overpriced non-removable fixed memory. Then you can gouge all you want, apparently.

Last edited by foob, Dec 18, 2016
  6. clownb

Member clownb GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Import from amazon.co.jp and get over it or settle for a PSTV... that is what can be done.

7. lcie nimbus
    OP

Member lcie nimbus 100th degree asskicker

Canada
    I don't want an imported one as they all come on firmware 3.61 .

8. Speedbutt

Newcomer Speedbutt Member

Canada
    I got mine from ebay a few years ago, wasn't really expensive iirc.

9. foob

Member foob GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    a few years ago they were all available new in (very) good supply & cheaper than now.