Hacking Where does the Vita store downloaded systemupdates?

cathor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

The title pretty much says it all. Been browsing around the VitaShell to delete a downloaded update file. 3.63 Was downloaded before I had the chance to block my vita from the net.

Cheers

D

Deleted User

A bit unsure, but I believe the ud0: partition stores the downloaded update file. Have you tried looking in there for anything?

cathor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
A bit unsure, but I believe the ud0: partition stores the downloaded update file. Have you tried looking in there for anything?

Thanks.

The ud0 does have something that seems to be related to updates. There is a folder named "PSP2UPDATE" but it only contains 2 files which looks like they are log files. Their timestamp is the same as the day i updated to 3.60 so i guess they are related to that.

I have found a "psp2updat.pup" in gro0 : / psp2/ update/ but the timestamp says it was downloaded in 2014 so i don't think its the one i am looking for.

Last edited by cathor,
D

Deleted User

I have found a "psp2updat.pup" in gro0:psp2/update/ but the timestamp says it was downloaded in 2014 so i don't think its the one i am looking for.
gro0: partition is your game cartridge partition, so you wouldn't be able to delete the update file anyway. :P

Nevertheless, I am very much interested to hear where exactly the update is downloaded to, so if you do find anything out soon, be sure to let us know!

Ganoncrotch

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm almost sure you can delete the update file from the notification of it on the psv main menu, I think just cancel will get rid of the file from your system, not 100% sure on this but it should get rid of it and the nag if you have disabled updating in the psn menu.

cathor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
gro0: partition is your game cartridge partition, so you wouldn't be able to delete the update file anyway. :P

Nevertheless, I am very much interested to hear where exactly the update is downloaded to, so if you do find anything out soon, be sure to let us know!

:) haha. Ok, good to know. Just got my vita so I haven't really wrapped my head around the scene yet.

On ps4 there is an option to delete downloaded system updates from the XMB. Will keep digging.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all