Hacking where do you download wii backups from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

magelof

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so, i'm pretty well-versed in downloading on the internet to know the basic places to look for wii games. torrents, irc, even p2p, but my speeds are never all that great. being that each game dumped is 2gb and up, my firewalled dormroom gives me the "ability" to hit 20 kb/s max. so are there any other alternatives? would something like an ftp move faster? if so, what ftp? newsgroups? i'm willing to try anything. so how do you, or would you, download your wiidumps? share your secrets! my modchip purchase depends on my download speed!

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
OH wait.... wait... this is a trick question right? Like, "a blue house is blue, a red house is red, what colour is a green house?"

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
so, i'm pretty well-versed in downloading on the internet to know the basic places to look for wii games. torrents, irc, even p2p, but my speeds are never all that great. being that each game dumped is 2gb and up, my firewalled dormroom gives me the "ability" to hit 20 kb/s max. so are there any other alternatives? would something like an ftp move faster? if so, what ftp? newsgroups? i'm willing to try anything. so how do you, or would you, download your wiidumps? share your secrets! my modchip purchase depends on my download speed!

I had the same problem, it takes way too long to get something, considering that I have the Nintendo World Store that's just a 10 minutes walk away from my house, I better go and buy some games, it's faster, easier, and I don't get any moral issues.
It's always nice to go there and see the newest games and try them , plus there's always nice videogames music in the background !

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
BTW, I lolled at the first post in the fact that the person makes seem like he's an Internet expert.

"I can find the games... but my download speed is low"

HUR HUR HUR.

baosen

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
You can't download backups. A "Backup" is a emergency or whatever thting you make yourself if the original cd is gone/not working/whatever. (My point is you used the wrong word)

So PWNED!

gambit420

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
The scene isn't for people who can't find other things than p2p. --> true

but the main problem is that the wiinja is only build for piracy. this site reported about it and know we will have to deal with such requests. i think nobody should answer but just overthink that double moral

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Clear!

Julie's dad has 4 daughters.  The youngest is named Penny, the second youngest is named Nickel, the second oldest is named Dime.  What is the oldest daughter's name?
Bill?
happy.gif

QUOTEbut the main problem is that the wiinja is only build for piracy. this site reported about it and know we will have to deal with such requests. i think nobody should answer but just overthink that double moral
It's not reall double moral. Hosting ROMs is illegal. Talking about using ROMs technically isn't. GBATEMP can get shut down for hosting, linking to or even referring to ROM sites, but talking about hardware that "may or may not be" used for piracy is allowed, because it won't get the forum closed. That's why the seemingly double standards (which aren't really that double) are employed.

lookout

GBAtemp Board Room
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
OH wait.... wait... this is a trick question right? Like, "a blue house is blue, a red house is red, what colour is a green house?"

Clear!

Julie's dad has 4 daughters. The youngest is named Penny, the second youngest is named Nickel, the second oldest is named Dime. What is the oldest daughter's name?

what colour is a green house? = Earth Colour

What is the oldest daughter's name? = Julie's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If our Walmart has them yours probably does
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I came to like french Camembert
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People get way too self conscious about ingredients
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Grilled peanut butter sandwiches with banana, bacon, and marshmallow cream. YUM!!!!
    one of my favorites
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Okay elvis
    fuck elvis. lol :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My type c cable is starting to die guess I better order one from my desk
    sounds like something Ween would play
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    And here I thought I was the only one that buy cables in bulk
    Nope. Theres two of you! Haha
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They're so cheap now why not
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I like the L angle connectors which add more force to it I guess which defeats the point
    i only buy new ones when theres a new standard and I have gear that uses it. Otherwise my cables seem to last forever.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Ween made a song about waving dicks in the wind.
    +1
    L angle cables are amazing when needed.
    @SylverReZ Yup. Been a longtime fan of Ween. Not a mega-fan by any means but I'm pretty familiar with most of their tunes.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You like the wee
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I like electronics that use detachable cables, that way if the cable breaks you can just swap in a new one instead of replacing the whole unit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Ween-er :creep:
    they make brown music. lol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Brown note
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    for keyboards, headphones or controllers ,it's a must have
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know why mice won't get with detachable type c
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Don't know why mice won't get with detachable type c