Hardware Where can I find a quality replacement touchscreen/digitizer for the Wii U GamePad?

reddragon105

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
My Wii U GamePad's touchscreen has a pretty bad scratch on it, which somehow didn't bother me for ages but I've been playing Breath of the Wild on the GamePad a lot (trying to pretend I have a Switch!) and started to find it really distracting, so I decided to replace it.

I ordered a replacement digitzer from eBay - it was listed as a Wii U digitizer and the photo in the listing looked identical to the original one in my GamePad, so I was disappointed when it arrived to find that it's actually quite different. First of all, it's made of glass, whereas the original is plastic, with a plastic layer stuck to the front of the glass that is noticeably diffuse, making the display look a bit blurry through it, and has a terrible finish on it that really shows up every fingerprint and is really easy to smudge. So needless to say that digitizer is going back as it is not a good replacement for the original one.

So, please, does anyone know where I can get a good quality replacement from? Can anyone recommend a place they've bought from before? I don't mind whether it's plastic or glass, I just want to be able to see through it!

Chrushev

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
sorry for ressurecting an older thread, but were you able to find a quality one? I also got a minor scratch that id like to replace the digitizer. Wondering how the glass ones are? Does OEM one not have any glass at all?

hemi426

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
sorry for ressurecting an older thread, but were you able to find a quality one? I also got a minor scratch that id like to replace the digitizer. Wondering how the glass ones are? Does OEM one not have any glass at all?
i ordered mine on ebay from china(with screwdriver) and it was an excellent replacement,just read the description good.make sure you recover the black dust foam(don't know exact word) from the old digitizer because usually it doesn't come with it,ore you can use double side tape as a replacement to put it back together and make it stick.

Chrushev

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
i ordered mine on ebay from china(with screwdriver) and it was an excellent replacement,just read the description good.make sure you recover the black dust foam(don't know exact word) from the old digitizer because usually it doesn't come with it,ore you can use double side tape as a replacement to put it back together and make it stick.

Did you have any issues with dust getting in there during installation?

Also, from what I understand all non OEM ones are glass with a plastic layer, does it feel any different from OEM (worse/better) ?

hemi426

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Did you have any issues with dust getting in there during installation?

Also, from what I understand all non OEM ones are glass with a plastic layer, does it feel any different from OEM (worse/better) ?
i used a can of compressed air .i think the use anti-static gloves,...i must say i had to be very careful not to get any dust in there,but i managed to do it dust free.the digitizer was plastic i think ,was verry cheap in china on ebay ,din't feel any difference

Itsuki235

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have never found a plastic 3rd party digitizer. All of them are glass.

My recommendation is to get a screen protector (the thin plastic ones). Those screen protectors are really inexpensive, protect the screen from scratches/dust and improve the tactile feel significantly.

hemi426

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I have never found a plastic 3rd party digitizer. All of them are glass.

My recommendation is to get a screen protector (the thin plastic ones). Those screen protectors are really inexpensive, protect the screen from scratches/dust and improve the tactile feel significantly.
on ebay it's full of plastic digitizers i already bought 3(aal from china) for repairing digitizers and they all work great

Reactions: ChibiMofo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs