Hacking Where are all the bricked R4i Gold Deluxe or 3DSLink users ?

sudeki300

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The clones put up the message because they don't want to offer any service to fix bricked devices, I would be more impressed if they put the message up saying " any devices that have been bricked by our cards / firmware can be sent in to be repaired" not just don't use this version firmware. Has any of the clone teams offered a unbricking service?...................sudeki300

Reactions: wharfl

wharfl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
you wernt left with no choice, there is other sellers.
yes u r right but I trusted the seller and didnt want to buy 4.5 console and flashcart from 2 different sellers as it would be significantly much expensive.

have learnt a lesson LOL

crazyace2011

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if gateway used the brick code as a scare tactic. basically using our software will do this and now the clone companies are like im not touching gateways software anymore. hopefully gateway can remove the brick code so we can all rest that no ones systems will brick from now on. I know that's a long shot but its a shot :D

Reactions: wharfl

wharfl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
How did you get a 4.x firmware mainboard?
oh I contacted a technician and he seems to be able to get one from the Mainland China.
its working fine.
The only drawback is, it is locked with a pin.

However I remember some gbatempers have posted a tool to solve it, I just still dont have time to try that out haha.

wharfl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I wonder if gateway used the brick code as a scare tactic. basically using our software will do this and now the clone companies are like im not touching gateways software anymore. hopefully gateway can remove the brick code so we can all rest that no ones systems will brick from now on. I know that's a long shot but its a shot :D
agree.
and now I am playing second hand games instead of using flashcarts

I was too chicken hearted after getting a usd 200 brick. lol

wharfl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
The clones put up the message because they don't want to offer any service to fix bricked devices, I would be more impressed if they put the message up saying " any devices that have been bricked by our cards / firmware can be sent in to be repaired" not just don't use this version firmware. Has any of the clone teams offered a unbricking service?...................sudeki300
I hope the 3dslink team could provide me with untracing services if unbricking services is not available.
Then my console would be a book gateway like to read.

Quicksilver88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey good find.....A 4.5 motherboard for less than 1/2 the price of a new unit is not such a bad deal. Considering the cost of shipping (back to gateway) or even the cost of the potential hardware fix (cheap I know but if you can't soldier it will cost you something, and if you have to use an Aurdino or RasPI those cost like $30+) so really for the low tech user a motherboard replacement for $80 is not so such a bad option.

bkifft

avowed Cuthwaldian
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey good find.....A 4.5 motherboard for less than 1/2 the price of a new unit is not such a bad deal. Considering the cost of shipping (back to gateway) or even the cost of the potential hardware fix (cheap I know but if you can't soldier it will cost you something, and if you have to use an Aurdino or RasPI those cost like $30+) so really for the low tech user a motherboard replacement for $80 is not so such a bad option.

thing is, when you can't solder and look for someone who is willing to do it for you chances are she/he has a duino, raspi or whatever. and as long as you don't live in Bumfuck, Idaho you might even find one in your (relative) neighborhood.

spinner09

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you do use clones and not the real deal!

What makes GW the "real deal"? Just because they were the company that did it first? First isnt always best. Remember when Xerox made the first computer OS with a GUI (that Apple and MS stole from)? It sucked, but other companies improved it. At the moment, we're already seeing some innovation (mt-card did multi rom for example), and competition is a good thing. GW shouldn't be the only players in the market, and I'm glad people are choosing the alternatives.

Reactions: oceanic

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool