Hardware When would it be the best time to buy an old 3DS XL?

Nuxx20

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm wondering when it would be best to buy a 3DS XL, now, at the launch of the N3DS or sometime after it? I'm sure prices will go down dramatically once the N3DS launches at $199, but will big retailers still offer the old version once the new one launches?

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I don't think the prices will go down "dramatically", at the very best slight decrease in prices might happen, it's almost the same system but slightly more powerful, it's not like it's an entirely new console like xbox one vs xbox 360 or ps3 vs ps4.

Nemix77

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think it already passed Black Friday, Christmas and Boxing Day in North America were was the absolute best time to get an old 3DS XL. This was the main reason why Nintendo delayed release for the New 3DS in Europe and North America to get rid of old stock from Holiday sales.

sbm888

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a feeling prices of old 3DS (FW 9.2 or lower) will actually be higher once the N3DS is released in the States, and if GW or any other flashcart manufacturer can't provide support for it...
scalpers will be palming off old systems that can do 9.2 for a good price.
that's my feeling.

so if you want to buy a 3DS (<9.2) now, get one before they might be a rare-breed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1