Hacking Question When will pegaswitch 3.0.0 release ?

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's with the PegaSwitch / ReSwitched thing?
You mean the names, or just in general? If you mean the names, the devs are actually talking about changing it for the next release. Its called as such because the original exploit was called Pegasus. If you mean in general, Pegaswitch is an exploitation kit for Switch, and ReSwitched is a team working on Switch hacking. They are the ones that found the sm:h vulnerability on 3.0.0 and made pegaswitch and cagetheunicorn (a Switch sm emulator / debugger).

Uhh, take a look at the OP's writing, and then say that again. I bet you a lot that this guy is NOT a dev.
Yea, but they guy I quoted didn't mention the OP specifically, he said "people."

Last edited by MadMageKefka,

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
You mean the names, or just in general? If you mean the names, the devs are actually talking about changing it for the next release. Its called as such because the original exploit was called Pegasus. If you mean in general, Pegaswitch is an exploitation kit for Switch, and ReSwitched is a team working on Switch hacking. They are the ones that found the sm:h vulnerability on 3.0.0 and made pegaswitch and cagetheunicorn (a Switch sm emulator / debugger).

Yea, but they guy I quoted didn't mention the OP specifically, he said "people."
I meant more in general.
I know they are different teams, just want to know what each one is focusing on and/or what they are doing that is different from the other.

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I meant more in general.
I know they are different teams, just want to know what each one is focusing on and/or what they are doing that is different from the other.
They are not. The only team I mentioned was ReSwitched. Pegaswitch is an exploitation kit developed by them, to help OTHER teams find exploits based on what they know already. Its software, not another team.

Last edited by MadMageKefka,

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
They are not. The only team I mentioned was ReSwitched. Pegaswitch is an exploitation kit developed by them, to help OTHER teams find exploits based on what they know already. Its software.
Oh I see.
So ReSwitched is the team, PegaSwitch is the kit used for developing exploits.
Did I get it right?

Reactions: MadMageKefka

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As cool as it is that a new Pegaswitch version is (probably) coming soon, I wanna be clear to anyone reading this that it is simply exploitation software for devs. Even the ReSwitched team does not have code execution (homebrew) yet. It could still be quite some time before that happens. PLEASE don't bug the team about it.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As cool as it is that a new Pegaswitch version is (probably) coming soon, I wanna be clear to anyone reading this that it is simply exploitation software for devs. Even the ReSwitched team does not have code execution (homebrew) yet. It could still be quite some time before that happens. PLEASE don't bug the team about it.
It does give access to certain homebrew-like things like save backup and restoring. Just add a pc program to modify those saves and you have save hacking. And then theres the ability to dump your own games to poke around with. So probably can include power users as being a viable user as well, but yes nothing really for the standard end user.

Reactions: MadMageKefka

blinkzane

Panic at your moms house
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This shit is getting old. Stop asking when things are going to get released that have no released dates. No one will know until it's uploaded somewhere for the Gen public

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eGAHfC5P-Y