Gaming When will Mario Kart 8 be released, for 3ds?

Drink the Bleach

This New Member died on Sep 10, 2014
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It still feels like 3DS is in it's infancy because 3DS' library is only comparable to the NDS at age 2. The 3DS is now a full 3 years (Which usually means halfway till next-gen) and all conventional thought says that the next Nintendo Handheld and next Mario Kart to grace it's presence will likely be out and about by Holiday 2017 or 2018 Spring/Summer at the latest.

Reactions: DarkKnigh_t

DarkKnigh_t

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I just feel that mario kart 7 was just "plain" and a bit boring. Wii version was much better more "fun". Mario kart 8 looks much better and i bet people would buy it like crazy like they do with most mario games ahhhhh nintendo why wont you take our money :)

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I just feel that mario kart 7 was just "plain" and a bit boring. Wii version was much better more "fun". Mario kart 8 looks much better and i bet people would buy it like crazy like they do with most mario games ahhhhh nintendo why wont you take our money :)
Honestly IMO 7 and Double Dash are both much better than MKWii. I dunno why but I didn't really like it.

DarkKnigh_t

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Honestly IMO 7 and Double Dash are both much better than MKWii. I dunno why but I didn't really like it.
i felt that mk7 just felt kind of slow and klunky like a fancy mk for the ds. the wii one was fun to shake the controls to do tricks and it was 'more snappy' i dont know. its just how i feel :)

ov3rkill

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I love Mario Kart 7. I really didn't feel Mario Kart Wii. I still prefer Double Dash over that one.
But as of right now, MK7 is the goto for me until MK8 that is. :)
It's already garnering good reviews. :D

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You have it the wrong way around. Nintendo is hoping that people who want to buy Mario Kart 8 will buy a WiiU so that they get more sales.

I believe that's what they're hoping, but I don't think it will change a damn thing.
People that are Nintendo fans, have already bought the console and will buy the game.
But for most this is just an expected title, and do appeal to buying the console.
Nintendo first party titles never made a console well profitable alone.
Nintendo handhelds, NES and SNES had massive third party support and sold really well,
that's lacking for WiiU, and the gamepad controller, didn't appeal to the casual public
the same way Wii motion controller did.
Now the only thing Nintendo can do to help it is make it easier and more interesting
for third developers to port their games to WiiU.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I believe that's what they're hoping, but I don't think it will change a damn thing.
People that are Nintendo fans, have already bought the console and will buy the game.
But for most this is just an expected title, and do appeal to buying the console.
Nintendo first party titles never made a console well profitable alone.
Nintendo handhelds, NES and SNES had massive third party support and sold really well,
that's lacking for WiiU, and the gamepad controller, didn't appeal to the casual public
the same way Wii motion controller did.
Now the only thing Nintendo can do to help it is make it easier and more interesting
for third developers to port their games to WiiU.
Of course, but having 0 exclusives isn't a fantastic way of making people buy your console either.

Reactions: T Link7

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Of course, but having 0 exclusives isn't a fantastic way of making people buy your console either.

That's not my point, beside that, WiiU has already it fair share of first-party exclusives for it's life time.
When was the last time you heard Nintendo make an announcement of third party titles for WiiU?
All we see in last Nintendo Directs are Mario Kart and Smash.
They should focus on trying to bring third party titles to WiiU.

D

Dork

beside that, WiiU has already it fair share of exclusives for it's life time.
That is beyond wrong in every way. If anything the Wii U needs original exclusive third-party titles, not worthless multiplats.

Reactions: Saxer

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
That is beyond wrong in every way. If anything the Wii U needs original exclusive third-party titles, not worthless multiplats.

What I meant is first party exclusives, I find it really great if they can bring third party titles as exclusives, such as Bayonetta 2

D

Dork

They can, and they will, but that won't change a dammn thing to WiiU sales
So the Wii U has no chance no matter what Nintendo does? It's an outright failure from every perspective imaginable?

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So the Wii U has no chance no matter what Nintendo does? It's an outright failure from every perspective imaginable?

Are you even reading my posts?
What's the first thing I said?
If Nintendo focus on getting third party support they might save WiiU from having pitiful sales.

D

Dork

Are you even reading my posts?
What's the first thing I said?
If Nintendo focus on getting third party support they might save WiiU from having pitiful sales.
The damn thing needs both first-party and third-party. Why you think there is enough first-party is beyond me.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The damn thing needs both first-party and third-party. Why you think there is enough first-party is beyond me.

I never said it doesn't need first-party titles,
The most worthwile WiiU titles are first party, and it sure will get some more over it's life-cycle,
but if they have to focus on only one thing now, it should be third-party support.

nexuspunk

the mysterious one.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the wii-u already has plenty of sellers on it, the last thing they need is console exclusive titles. mario kart has been proven to be very successful on the portable consoles and on the home consoles. and if everyone jumps to mario kart 8 how will anyone play mario kart 7 on the 3ds? or why would they making it another dying game.

Chris_Highwind

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think Nintendo might be expanding their "1 title per console" thing to more than just Mario Kart. For example, New Super Mario Bros. has had 1 entry on the DS, Wii, 3DS, and Wii U, and, I'm really hoping I'm wrong on this, but the 3D Land/World titles might be going down the same road too, though considering the 3DS and the Wii U are currently the latest in their respective lines, it might be too early to tell. Like I said though, I hope I'm wrong, as I've 100%-ed both 3D Land and NSMB2 and would like another Mario platformer on the 3DS, preferably a 3D Land 2 that incorporates what elements from 3D World it can on the 3DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I feel like I spent the night with Ancientboi +1