What's your percentage completion in Zelda BotW?

Discussion in 'Switch - Games & Content' started by Saiyan Lusitano, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Mr. Wizard

Mr. Wizard Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time

Mar 20, 2015
    Canada
    10th Dimension
    wtf? Even with those things this game is super easy. Half the shit you don't even have to fight you can just run away from. Maybe the fact you haven't done enough shrines to get the master sword is a factor, you don't have enough hearts to survive anything. You also get gear from some shrines. And cooking pretty much gives you unlimited health and stamina. And if you are stuck on something there are tons of online guides now to curb your frustration.

The weapon breaking keeps it fresh, I always have full inventory of weapons to use and once you get the master sword you don't really lose it, I hated it to begin with but now I love it I think it was a great idea.

The weather effects are meant to keep you from certain areas until you the gear to protect from it, or physically get to.

You can have infinite stamina with cooking, have you even tried it? Just cook up 5 stamella shrooms which you can practically find everywhere or purchase from the store next to the master sword, profit.

Temperature is easily overcome, you can find peppers to cook even in the starting area and cooking 5 of them gives you like 12 or so minutes of protection plus you get cold resist gear from the first guy you meet if you just explore a little to find his cabin. I have not been to the volcano yet that keeps hurting me when I pass it, although I believe I have some heat resist items to cook up I just haven't had the urge to explore there yet. Maybe when I find some heat resist gear.

Maybe Zelda is not for you. Sounds like you would enjoy Dragon Quest X/XI when they come out, they pretty much hold your hand through the entire game, unlimited inventory, perma-gear, it's mostly about the story. For the time being maybe "I am Setsuna" is a better choice, I haven't played it but heard it's super easy.

I on the other hand am enjoying Zelda so far, sure it's not the greatest game but it's still pretty damn good and looks super sexy on the Switch. Can't wait for Xenoblade 2. You definitely wouldn't want to play that game btw.

I have not made it far enough to beat Ganon yet, I want to complete the beasts and find some awesome gear to "kill him in style" as I read someone on here say before. There is tons of stuff to keep me occupied until then.

I also love the "pick up and play" aspect of this game, I can save somewhere in the middle of nowhere, come back to it and find a shrine or village or tower or do some mining or cooking then save again and put it down. And the fast travel in this game has made it ridiculously easy to go from one place to another. No travelling for half an hour a la GTA style. Man I hope R* releases a GTA for the Switch.

I see why tons of people gave it 10/10 but hey that's just my opinion.

2. Maluma

Maluma GBAtemp Regular

Sep 26, 2016
    United States

I agree with you 100% the game isnt bad but definately not what I was expecting. I just don't bring it up much on here because I dont want to get verbally abused,but I think there are much better zelda games than BoTW. I dont think it deserves a top 2 zelda game of all time.

3. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Guru

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Actually I plan to buy and play that game. It was the reason why i bought the switch anyway, that and mario oddesy. :creep:

The game isn't bad, is not terrible, the only point i find wrong about is that is called legend of zelda. Had it been a different name or game not related to this series specifically it be less of a interesting target to many people. Had it called Adventure time, breath of the wild, or just Breath of the wild with no relation to zelda series, the whole angle of opinions would be different. Kinda like how people relate undertale to earthbound and freedom planet to sonic games. (maybe not all the same) but is just my opinion.

4. Kerbangman

Kerbangman GBAtemp Fan

Sep 19, 2016
    Kind of getting a bit board with this blood moon thing. it's almost every night.

5. Mr. Wizard

Mar 20, 2015
    Canada
    10th Dimension
    So is the only way to get the completion meter to beat Ganon? Someone also mentioned a side quest but that info seems to have fizzled out...

6. Saiyan Lusitano
    OP

Saiyan Lusitano GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 29, 2015
    Portugal
    Oh, that's possible. I still preferred to play it genuinely and it was pretty cool.

Yeah, that is a bit annoying it gets me to "God dammit, it's coming again."

I read it on Twitter that it's either defeat Ganon or somehow complete some side-quest.

7. KiiWii

KiiWii GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 17, 2008
    I can't see a percentage complete on my Wii u version.....

8. Mr. Wizard

Mar 20, 2015
    Canada
    10th Dimension
    Uh, you pretty much just regurgitated what I said.

9. Saiyan Lusitano
    OP

Saiyan Lusitano GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 29, 2015
    Portugal
    Have you defeated Ganon?

10. Mr. Wizard

Mar 20, 2015
    Canada
    10th Dimension
    You need to beat Ganon or do some side quest that nobody seems to know what the quest is... Beating Ganon the final boss is a sure way to get the completion meter though it seems.

KiiWii likes this.
  11. KiiWii

KiiWii GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 17, 2008
    Ah man. Seriously wanted to know where I was at. Done 3/4 beasts, 65 shrines, 90 Korok, meh...

12. SaiTheOHaireDeliveryGuy

SaiTheOHaireDeliveryGuy Member

Newcomer
    Jan 26, 2017
    United States
    Thneedville
    Just beat Ganon and I have 11.49% done.
    I've got ways to go and I'm very ok with that.

13. Shikkichu

Shikkichu Just a Pika Girl~

Jan 28, 2017
    Switzerland
    Wherever my Pikachu is.
    There are already codes for tcpgecko to alter durability, inventory space, stamina, and weather
    As for the temp gauge, play with Pro hud, not that sissy casual one, imo pro hud enhanced my experience.

As for percentage I haven't beaten ganon on my third playthrough so I can't see yet, but I only have a few shrines left, plus the
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

14. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Guru

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    1. What is the difference between pro and casual?:unsure:
    2. I'm playing the game on the switch, not wii u, so codes aren't a thing for me. I also made too far progress to downgrade to wii u port. Though i'll consider if there is a project dedicated to modding the game. :P

15. Baoulettes

Baoulettes Pew ! Pew ! Pew ! Lazer game

May 25, 2011
    France
    C:\Users\Baoulettes\Desktop\GBATemp
    [​IMG]
    Here my % and play time approx. :)
    I am doing shrine run, aka I try to find them all while doing quest, also playing with the guide you can buy etc and try to find things by myself that why i am kinda slow ^^

16. slingblade1170

slingblade1170 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 15, 2009
    United States
    I got 96 shrines, 100 seeds, almost every memory, the master sword and around 40-60 side quests completed and haven't done any main quests besides finding each town.

17. Anfroid

Anfroid GBAtemp Fan

Sep 30, 2011
    United States
    Saiyan Lusitano was talking about the percentage not the island location.

18. JFlare

JFlare Totally the most feminist guy you will meet

Jan 28, 2017
    United States
    I can't find my percentage completed yet. do I have to beat the game first? but I know im past the half-way point on the shrines.

19. Mikemk

Mikemk GBAtemp Maniac

Mar 26, 2015
    United States
    I'm stuck at the first shrine.
    Come April 9th, I can finally progress.