What's Your Latest Game Boy Purchase?

Nusdogg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found my old stealth chip I bought back in the days for my afterburner.
It seems to be corrupt though, since it never worked with any afterburner I tested it with.

I was contemplating on buying a new one but never came around doing it.
Make sure to report back with your new mod.

:D One of the coolest mod I've ever done on a handheld.

Reactions: Ozito

Adrian-E-C

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just bought a limited edition Boktai GBA sp im mint condition with the coffin case and an EZflash IV!
Super excited for that sucker to show up in the mail.

Does anyone know where to get ahold of the pelican GBASP leather glove? I imagine it is wicked hard to find...this one
41KYBSNKMAL._SY300_.jpg

Nusdogg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought you were going to do it on a back-lit GBA.
Great demonstration though!

Oh no. Lol. If you remember my GBA picture above I posted up that I was going to perform on was a front lit. :D

It would be super hard to do since the back lit uses a ribbon cable while the front lit you can tap the wire from the dimmer chip to the front light. So it would super confusing since you have no clue where the front light circuit traces is at.

PettingZoo

yesss
Trophies
Website
iancoulton.com
XP
Country
picked up a gameboy pocket printer (Japanese version) the other day and cut down some thermal paper to use with it, goes well with the pocket camera I have.

I have a translucent purple shell w/ glass lens and ags-101 screen + necessary cable to put some life back into an old scratched up white GBA in the mail headed to me.

also would anyone happen to know of a good source to buy gameboy micro faceplates? I leant mine to a friend and it came back a bit scratched up :s

Sychophantom

I'm a plant.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
also would anyone happen to know of a good source to buy gameboy micro faceplates? I leant mine to a friend and it came back a bit scratched up :s

http://rosecoloredgaming.wordpress.com used to sell a faceplate that was more like a sticker but worked okay. They have a Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/RoseColoredGaming

Apparently they are out at the moment, but will announce when they make more. Looks like a lot of people are waiting.

You know, you'd think with the rise of 3D printing and how many people have Maker bots, faceplates would be easier to get. Maybe I need to take a shot over to Home Depot and test out the one they're selling (You can do a demo project free).

EDIT: A Quick Google search shows someone has used a makerbot to make a GB Micro faceplate. They even uploaded the plans for it (Called a "Thing", I guess).

PettingZoo

yesss
Trophies
Website
iancoulton.com
XP
Country
http://rosecoloredgaming.wordpress.com used to sell a faceplate that was more like a sticker but worked okay. They have a Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/RoseColoredGaming

Apparently they are out at the moment, but will announce when they make more. Looks like a lot of people are waiting.

You know, you'd think with the rise of 3D printing and how many people have Maker bots, faceplates would be easier to get. Maybe I need to take a shot over to Home Depot and test out the one they're selling (You can do a demo project free).

EDIT: A Quick Google search shows someone has used a makerbot to make a GB Micro faceplate. They even uploaded the plans for it (Called a "Thing", I guess).

Hmm not too keen on a somewhat non removable solution but will keep posted on that, thanks for the info. Might just just keep searching occasionally for a cheap micro/faceplates.

Alchemilla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thanks for that link, I'm gonna get something from them.

PettingZoo

yesss
Trophies
Website
iancoulton.com
XP
Country
Received the last parts for the mod yesterday and completed it last
image.jpg.

Everything worked out apart from a couple things, 1) The 'Glass' lens that was packaged with the shell turned out to be a scratched plastic one, and 2) the corners of the screen look as if they're fading/bleeding to a white colour.

The shell that included lens was cheap so I don't mind that it was plastic, I managed to order a glass lens from an Australian seller for about $7 which is good.
As for the strange issue with the display I plan to play with the adjustment pot on the back of the GBA. Has anyone had this problem before?

image.jpg

I guess if nothing comes about it I'll just contact the seller.

Reactions: Nusdogg

demoncatursday

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was going to, ended up not getting it because it said it was $26 shipping on checkout, even though the store page said it had free shipping.

ZilchFox

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
A counterfeit backlit GBA! :lol:

It also came with an EZ-Flash IV cart, which was nice! I had to do a lot of searching for a miniSD card, and unfortunately I was unable to find one, but it seems to work fine with a miniSD adapter for a 2GB microSD!

Photo Aug 09, 10 35 25 AM.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I guess Ancientboi would be Peter
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Loooooool :rofl2:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    +1
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking +1