What's with all the hate with Raiden in MGS2?

JUSTARANDOMPERSON

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I first played the game when I was six or seven I remember hearing people saying stuff about MGS3 about how good it was and all that. While I had MGS2 and if I remember correctly people still hated Raiden around 2005 even though MGS2 was released around 2001 (if I'm correct). Now people still give him hate and after 10 YEARS I want to know why? Ah memories on my brother's PS2.

Reactions: HaloEffect17

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The hate was more towards the fact that it felt like a bait-and-switch. They baited us in with a what looked like an awesome game with Snake, then switched it out with Raiden for no reason other than to try and force the fans to love him.

JUSTARANDOMPERSON

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The hate was more towards the fact that it felt like a bait-and-switch. They baited us in with a what looked like an awesome game with Snake, then switched it out with Raiden for no reason other than to try and force the fans to love him.
I think I remember a trailer with Snake on a boat or something.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I think I remember a trailer with Snake on a boat or something.

See any naked cartwheeling? Nope, in fact Raiden was only showed in the last couple of seconds in the trailer, never once did it make it out like he was going to be a main character. People were upset because the trailer baited them into a different game, then switched it out when they got the game.

Reactions: JUSTARANDOMPERSON

JUSTARANDOMPERSON

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

See any naked cartwheeling? Nope, in fact Raiden was only showed in the last couple of seconds in the trailer, never once did it make it out like he was going to be a main character. People were upset because the trailer baited them into a different game, then switched it out when they got the game.

Thanks I get it a bit more now and thanks for the trailer too. I still love that game.

Reactions: HaloEffect17

war2thegrave

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We were promised a bad ass stealth action game, but it brought some baggage with it.
A whiny effeminate protagonist, a bi-sexual vampire, and more Otacon + more bawwing. Ugh.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)