Hardware What's the Wii U's biggest SD card capacity limit?

kbf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Iv'e been having difficulty finding a straight answer. I want to get one for vwii for GCN backups and was wondering where I could get the biggest/cheapest card possible.

Naendow

Brick-Master
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I've already used a 128GB SD card (FAT32 ofc), and it worked perfect. I would bet that you can use 256GB cards too.

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just by formatting to FAT32? and it can be microSD as well?
It can, but currently the largest MicroSD is 256GB, and you're depending on an adapter which may or may not fail.

If anyone brings up Microdia again I will punch them. There is NO 512GB MicroSD card.

Maxbeta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a 64gb Samsung SDHC card working fine about a couple of months ago with Haxchi and all the sudden Haxchi stopped working one day and just hangs now at the white screen with the Wii U logo on the lower right. vWii stuff like Nintendont and emulators still work from the same card and adapter combo without a problem but I could never get Haxchi working properly again even after reformatting and reloading the correct folder directories.

Can someone offer any advice as to what may have happened?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a normal-sized 256GB sd card in my system. it's never given me any problems. I have loadiine games, apps for the vWii and Wii, and even redNAND on the thing. my redNAND still works too. :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans