Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Hey Guys/Girls.

I have been following afew hacks in progress for the past month or so,
And have noticed alot of them making next to no progress.

The question i am seeking the answer for is this...

What do you think will be the successful hack?

Im only asking this as o sooth my curiosity lol

Thanks for reading :D
p.s. Currently using my phone to post, il edit any mess ups later lol

CollosalPokemon

ばん。。。かい
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This: http://www.flickr.com/photos/neimod (Neimod)
and This: http://3dbrew.org/wi...l:RecentChanges (Neimod & Yellows8)

Only pay attention to what Neimod and Yellows8 (team Twiizers) are doing on 3dbrew.

So ram hacking (or whatever its called) seems the most logical route to take?

No, it's just so neimod and Team Twiizers can easily document what's on the inside (coding) so they can potentially make a very easy-to-use exploit (NEXT YEAR OR LONGER) for users to use.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
This: http://www.flickr.com/photos/neimod (Neimod)
and This: http://3dbrew.org/wi...l:RecentChanges (Neimod & Yellows8)

Only pay attention to what Neimod and Yellows8 (team Twiizers) are doing on 3dbrew.

So ram hacking (or whatever its called) seems the most logical route to take?
Not necessarily. Playing around with the RAM is really more about learning the inner workings of the system. Once these people get a handle on how it works, they'll try to find a weakness in the security. The period we're in now is the research phase.

The "Homebrew Channel (Greetz)", was really a way for Neimod to boast, "Look Ma, I'm inside the 3DS!" Its a tease of good things to come.

Reactions: 1 person

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I agree, the people who are actually fucking with the internals are the people to watch.
Someone's interested in Guro, it seems... :creep:

Seriously though, just follow Neimod and the likes indeed. A purely software approach towards hardware that we don't know much of is pointless.

CollosalPokemon

ばん。。。かい
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://gbatemp.net/t...-3ds-flashcart/
But it seems to only be a 1:1 copy of a retail cart and progress seems to have halted.

I agree, the people who are actually fucking with the internals are the people to watch.

Also, ignore youtube.

^ This.

But don't get excited about the Crown3DS - It has barely even proven to work or even to be real at this point.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
http://gbatemp.net/t...-3ds-flashcart/
But it seems to only be a 1:1 copy of a retail cart and progress seems to have halted.

Also, ignore youtube.
Woah woah woah! They went up a whole 2%. :rolleyes:

But yeah, RAM hacking would probably lead to the first successful exploit.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
But don't get excited about the Crown3DS - It has barely even proven to work or even to be real at this point.
There's no reason to believe it's fake... Assuming you realize it's not a flash cart like the R4 and such we use nowadays.

From what we've seen it just looks like a cart copy. That does nothing useful as far as the average person is concerned, seeing as it wouldn't run homebrew and would likely cost more than the price of a couple games anyways (and as far as we've seen, only holds one at a time).

CollosalPokemon

ばん。。。かい
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's no reason to believe it's fake... Assuming you realize it's not a flash cart like the R4 and such we use nowadays.

From what we've seen it just looks like a cart copy. That does nothing useful as far as the average person is concerned, seeing as it wouldn't run homebrew and would likely cost more than the price of a couple games anyways (and as far as we've seen, only holds one at a time).

I know the differences; if I remember right the first (like very first) GBA flash carts did something like the Crown3DS.

From what we've seen the Crown3DS team could have easily just soldered a retail Splinter Cell 3D cartridge to the back of the FPGA board.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I know the differences; if I remember right the first (like very first) GBA flash carts did something like the Crown3DS.

From what we've seen the Crown3DS team could have easily just soldered a retail Splinter Cell 3D cartridge to the back of the FPGA board.

Eh if it's worth anything. I have a friend in China, that sends me my review copies of items. The Crown 3DS team is another branch, but he's said that he has seen it himself. The ETA he said was late 2012. Take this with a grain of salt, but I have the chatlog recorded somewhere. Let me find it. It was a few months ago, but still. I figured I'd post it anyway.

Tadah.

http://www.mediafire...k8of9vwvv2uuka0

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    dune 2 popcorn bucket
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Many schools use some form of firewall or protection, to prevent certain types of content from being viewable.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, And that haha
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school blocks stuff but allows some stuff, its annoying, they legit can see our screens if they want
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Nah. That popcorns got sand in it :(
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There was a time where we were able to bypass the school's network using a VPN that wasn't blocked on the radar. Can't exactly remember the name, but I was able to watch YouTube.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I used to go on proxy sites but I'm too lazy and it isn't worth it
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Proxy sites, not very effective.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    if ur on a Chromebook and cant change jack about the laptop that's what I gotta use
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    One of the sites that weren't blocked on the school's network was some file uploading sites. I would upload some games, write down the URL and take it to school one day.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I did it when the teachers werent looking ofc. I even managed to take in a USB stick that wasn't allowed.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my school has a chrome extension called light speed filter agent and it legit blocks YouTube pfps since the file cdn(I think aka yt3.ggpht.com) is classed as mature
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    mhm
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    they have other stuff like goguardian too
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ours mainly relied on the router, I believe.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security