Hacking Whats the Enquiry Reference Number?

kazedemon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just bought an R4 from DX on Oct 7 and was wondering which number was the Enquiry Reference Number for the tracking site.

After I clicked the link that already had my tracking number inputted into the Hong Kong Post site, it asked for my Enquiry Reference Number. I tried inputting my order number, receipt number, and tracking number, but none of them worked. Well, the receipt number gave me an order(not mine, fyi) from July 1st, 2007, and I'm guessing that that's not the right order because it's way too early.

zeppo

change my avatar!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just bought an R4 from DX on Oct 7 and was wondering which number was the Enquiry Reference Number for the tracking site.

Why do you need the enquiry tracking number? have you waited at least 2 weeks for the r4 to arrive? If not, WAIT. I got mine at DX and it arrived after 15 days. after 15 days, then you can start worrying about this "enquiry tracking number" bullshit.

p.s. enquiry means question, so I'm starting to wonder what the hell a number for tracking questions would have to do with DX.

kazedemon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Why do you need the enquiry tracking number? have you waited at least 2 weeks for the r4 to arrive? If not, WAIT. I got mine at DX and it arrived after 15 days. after 15 days, then you can start worrying about this "enquiry tracking number" bullshit.

p.s. enquiry means question, so I'm starting to wonder what the hell a number for tracking questions would have to do with DX.

Dude, what's wrong with you? I have the right to check where my R4 is if I wanted to, last time I checked. I know I can wait, and I know I have to wait anyway. But, you are making it sound like I cannot even dare to look at where my R4 is at the moment until it has reached the two weeks mark. You sir, have one shitty attitude. I just joined GBATemp not long ago, and I hope you're a rarity.

By the way, you haven't answered my question at all and I don't think you even know what I'm talking about when said the Enquiry Reference Number.

zeppo

change my avatar!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's just kind of annoying that you're asking about something that happens when buying ANYTHING from Dealextreme, and yet asking it in the R4 section. You could always ask it at the DX forums. See here: http://www.dealextreme.com/forums/Forums.dx

I've only bought one thing from DX, and when I did I was patient and didn't mess with any order number or enquiry number, etc. Chances are, the people in this particular subforum have only bought one or two things as well, and that's IF they got it from dealextreme.

And no, I'm not a rarity. There's a lot of people who find people with no idea as to what they're doing annoying. Besides, I didn't mean to be rude in my first post. I was just asking why you needed the number. I'm sorry if I offended you with my use of the word "bullshit" and capitalization of "wait".

kazedemon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's just kind of annoying that you're asking about something that happens when buying ANYTHING from Dealextreme, and yet asking it in the R4 section. You could always ask it at the DX forums. See here: http://www.dealextreme.com/forums/Forums.dx

I've only bought one thing from DX, and when I did I was patient and didn't mess with any order number or enquiry number, etc. Chances are, the people in this particular subforum have only bought one or two things as well, and that's IF they got it from dealextreme.

And no, I'm not a rarity. There's a lot of people who find people with no idea as to what they're doing annoying. Besides, I didn't mean to be rude in my first post. I was just asking why you needed the number. I'm sorry if I offended you with my use of the word "bullshit" and capitalization of "wait".
You're saying I have no clue as to what I'm doing? What do you have to back that up? Having no idea would mean that I don't even know what tracking is or how to do it at all. All I asked was one simple question about the Enquiry Reference Number(and once again, you didn't answer, useless).

And, what does what YOU did when you bought something have to do with what I want to do? You have some weird reasoning. From what I've seen, much of GBATemp praises DX other than its slow shipping, so I was thinking that those people would be able to help me out.

sylfid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DX has never given me an "enquiry reference number," only a tracking number. If the HK Post isn't giving you details when you input your tracking number, it just means they haven't processed your package yet. Usually it takes five to seven days from when DX ships the order to the Post for your package's details to enter the system. I know it's hard not to be antsy and check every day (or five times a day in my case), but a little patience should solve everything.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In addition to what sylfid said, if theres still no word on it after about 7 days, I'd submit a support ticket asking about the order's status. I've made alot of purchases from DX and they tend to be a bit disorganized. If theres a delay for some reason, like your product is currently "lost" or some other difficulty shipping, they may not take it upon themselves to inform you about it.

Here's the link to submit a ticket.
http://support.dealextreme.com/ttx.cgi

kazedemon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you both, Sylfid and Urza. It's going to be the 7th day tomorrow(ordered it last Saturday). Appreciate both of your replies, and yes, I do like to check very often >.

zeppo

change my avatar!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DX has never given me an "enquiry reference number," only a tracking number. If the HK Post isn't giving you details when you input your tracking number, it just means they haven't processed your package yet. Usually it takes five to seven days from when DX ships the order to the Post for your package's details to enter the system. I know it's hard not to be antsy and check every day (or five times a day in my case), but a little patience should solve everything.

Exactly.

Besides, I just meant that you posted in the wrong place to figure out what an enquiry number is, kazedemon. Saying that you had no idea what you were doing was a bad choice of words. sorry.

kazedemon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I guess we could just end this with a misunderstanding then. I'm sorry too, zeppo, but you could have just told me that DX has never sent you an enquiry reference number just like sylfid =/. Would have been much easier.

oushi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it helps, I also ordered a R4 from dealextreme on the 7th and have also been getting the message asking for the enquiry reference number. Today, I've finally gotten an update on my tracking, so you should be getting a result soon, too.

But from previous experiences using Hong Kong Post tracking, I wouldn't rely too much on their information. I've gotten other things mailed from Hong Kong that arrived at my doorstep before the tracking information ever got onto the site. The status essentially went from "not found" (asking for the enquiry #) to "delivered."

Sinkhead

yay p1ngpong.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Answer:

It is nothing. It just means you item hasn't gotten into the tracking system yet, it can take up to 5 days for Hong Kong Post to even acknowledge it. When they do, the page will show tracking details. But all it will show is when the item leaves China, after that point it takes around a week to get to your place.

- Sam

Sailor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If it helps, I also ordered a R4 from dealextreme on the 7th and have also been getting the message asking for the enquiry reference number. Today, I've finally gotten an update on my tracking, so you should be getting a result soon, too.

But from previous experiences using Hong Kong Post tracking, I wouldn't rely too much on their information. I've gotten other things mailed from Hong Kong that arrived at my doorstep before the tracking information ever got onto the site. The status essentially went from "not found" (asking for the enquiry #) to "delivered."

Haha, I ordered it from DX on the 7th too! That's like 3 of us now
biggrin.gif

It hasn't updated yet though :[

I check the site like 8x a day..can't wait for it to get here!

wiithepeople

^^didn't play it that much, but I love it =D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well you ought to get used to waiting cuz it isn't going to come for at least 2 weeks... mine took 2.5 weeks and i ordered 3 weeks before today, so pretty recently.

Sailor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well you ought to get used to waiting cuz it isn't going to come for at least 2 weeks... mine took 2.5 weeks and i ordered 3 weeks before today, so pretty recently.

No way!
cry.gif

Someone on the DX forums said that it takes ~10 days to New Jersey, which is my state. I'm really hoping this Friday, which is 12 days :\
I have a day off that day! It'd be perfect :3

kazedemon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
=/ My order still doesn't have its tracking up.

Is it in anyway possible that my order is being shipped to USA(I live in California), even though my tracking is still not up. It says that it's on step 4/4 if that helps.

oushi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure your package is getting sent out. Your anticipation is just getting the best of you... I placed my order early in the morning on the 7th, so maybe your order is a day or so behind mine.

I also live in California, so I'll let you know when my R4 comes in. If you still don't have any tracking updates or a delivered package within a few days after mine comes in, then you can start worrying.
tongue.gif

kazedemon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hah, thanks. And yeah, I really get paranoid about these things xD, and I really just want it now lol(why must the EMS Shipping be so much)

oushi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't worry, I know how you feel. My microSD came in first, and I've already got the thing loaded to the brim with the newest kernel, themes, and whatnot. Can't wait to test it out!
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: They're made with left over pancake/wafle batter, that's been sitting out all day.