R4Liam

Artsy Dude
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Black ops has always been a problem connection-wise for me and it makes the multiplayer almost unplayable because i can never connect with my mates it says 'game session unavailable' or something like that and my nat type is always on strict.

Is there a solution?
Why are Treyarch so bad at making multiplayer games?

R4Liam

Artsy Dude
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
But it has never happened to me on MW2 or CoD4 on WAW and BLOPS- Treyarch games. but thanks hope it works.

so i really have to read all of this essay just to get a game i payed good money for to work?

Thoob

LOLmonade.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Zorua said:
Look at this guide.

Also, it's not Treyarch's fault. It was the same with MW2.
No, it is Treyarch's fault. MW2 works perfectly for me, the NAT has always been open. Only rarely will I get open on Black Ops, 99% of the time it is strict.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Zorua said:
Look at this guide.

i dnt want to sound like im attacking you, but no its not the same for mw2

My PS3 is NAT type'd 2 and MW2 im always Open NAT wise, but low and behold, Black Ops is always strict

@OP: I have tried many many many things, other than just NAT type forwarding and DMZ'ing it hasn't worked with me

Problem seems to lie with ISP's and Treyarch servers ALONG with PSN (so yeah imagine the possible problems)

there is though a possible fix for this issue, Insert MW2 (IF YOU HAVE IT) and get to the multiplayer menu screen (where you see your party etc)

there you should see your NAT type, from that screen eject the disc (dnt quit game via XMB, just press eject button) should be back @ XMB and insert black ops, you should have open NAT with working party invites and everything - i have done this many times and it works.

this is considering that your PS3 is NAT type 2 (which it should be more mw2 to have Open NAT in the first place)

Have fun.

R4Liam

Artsy Dude
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Maz7006 said:
Zorua said:
Look at this guide.

i dnt want to sound like im attacking you, but no its not the same for mw2

My PS3 is NAT type'd 2 and MW2 im always Open NAT wise, but low and behold, Black Ops is always strict

@OP: I have tried many many many things, other than just NAT type forwarding and DMZ'ing it hasn't worked with me

Problem seems to lie with ISP's and Treyarch servers ALONG with PSN (so yeah imagine the possible problems)

there is though a possible fix for this issue, Insert MW2 (IF YOU HAVE IT) and get to the multiplayer menu screen (where you see your party etc)

there you should see your NAT type, from that screen eject the disc (dnt quite game, just press eject button) should be back @ XMB and insert black ops, you should have open NAT with working party invites and everything - i have done with many times and it works.

this is considering that your PS3 is NAT type 2 (which it should be more mw2 to have Open NAT in the first place)

Have fun.

i agree with you completely but about that mw2 trick, i've tried it and it never seems to work. how do i determine whether my nat type is 2 or not? and do i eject the disk in a lobby waiting for tdm etc. or before i go into a game?

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
R4Liam said:
i agree with you completely but about that mw2 trick, i've tried it and it never seems to work. how do i determine whether my nat type is 2 or not? and do i eject the disk in a lobby waiting for tdm etc. or before i go into a game?

Go to network settings, and choose network cnxn test, it will test your network and show you a NAT type

If its NAT type 3 then you have a serious problem from your end / modem router whatever your using

it can be easily fixed by assigning a static IP to your PS3 and forwarding some ports for PSN

about the MW2 trick, you can be either in the game, and the lobby main menu, or whatever, as long as you booted up the game and entered the MW2 multiplayer gaming mode, waited for it to connect and fetch your stats and any time from there just eject disc and in theory it should work

as for the NAT Type 3 issue (if you have it) i will admit i forgot how i fixed it, but i clearly remember that i found a step by step guide by simply searching in google.

R4Liam

Artsy Dude
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
i did the internet connection test (if that's what you meant) and it came up with NAT Type 2, download speed:4.6 mbps and upload speed: 890.0 kbps if that helps.

so in theory if that mw2 trick should work right?

ill try so go into multiplay and eject disk mid game then before the ps3 has loaded to main menu put black ops disk in?

ill try it.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
R4Liam said:
i did the internet connection test (if that's what you meant) and it came up with NAT Type 2, download speed:4.6 mbps and upload speed: 890.0 kbps if that helps.

ill try so go into multiplay and eject disk mid game then before the ps3 has loaded to main menu put black ops disk in?

ill try it.

yes that is what i meant, you really shouldn't have a problem then .

Yes MW2 trick should work (remember im considering that MW2 shows as an Open NAT Type)

the screen where it shows NAT Type: Open, eject your disc there (this is what i do) or just find a match , connect, let it load, enter, and eject disc from there

hope it works

btw add me (ID in sig duuuh
tongue.gif
)

Z

Zorua

Maz7006 said:
R4Liam said:

ill try it.

yes that is what i meant, you really shouldn't have a problem then .

Yes MW2 trick should work (remember im considering that MW2 shows as an Open NAT Type)

the screen where it shows NAT Type: Open, eject your disc there (this is what i do) or just find a match , connect, let it load, enter, and eject disc from there

hope it works

btw add me (ID in sig duuuh
tongue.gif
)

@OP, if the MW2 trick doesn't work, use the port forwarding guide that I linked you to earlier.

R4Liam

Artsy Dude
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
the mw2 trick didnt work and my nat type was open in mw2 as well... i give up! im not gonna bother trying the port forwarding because people have said they did that in the past and it still didnt work.

you wont catch me on black ops any time soon but im back into mw2 now so yeah. if there is another solution im all ears!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte