Hardware What will you name your Xbox One?

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Long gone are the days where consoles solely focus on games.

But that's good. It's awesome that we can have consoles that provide games and a huge array of services. I can go from playing games to watching Netflix to browsing Youtube on my 360 at my convenience - How is that in any way a bad thing?

No, the problem comes from misdirected focus (To many, Microsoft seems to be pushing the One as a media center first, game machine second) and some problematic features (Limitations on used games, once-every-24 hour online checks, etc.).

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But that's good. It's awesome that we can have consoles that provide games and a huge array of services. I can go from playing games to watching Netflix to browsing Youtube on my 360 at my convenience - How is that in any way a bad thing?

No, the problem comes from misdirected focus (To many, Microsoft seems to be pushing the One as a media center first, game machine second) and some problematic features (Limitations on used games, once-every-24 hour online checks, etc.).

Therein lies the issue, limitations and activation will only inconvenience users, not attract them. Nothing wrong with having more options, but surely, Microsoft can present them better, such as not being restrictive on online activation. They're going about it all wrong, you want to attract people, not scare them.

Reactions: Metoroid0

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Not that I even want to buy one, but if I had name one, then I would name it Tux or TV. Tux after the Linux penguin because Windows is crap or TV because I doubt I will it more than that.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I'm going to name mine XBox One. I will buy one in approx. 7-10 years from now. It will sit comfortably on the shelf next to all the other consoles I collect, clean, cherish and hardy ever use... The XBox One will probably see the least use out of all of them since by the time I get it, it won't be supported by XBox Live anymore, ergo it will not be capable of performing the 24 hour check, ergo it will be rendered useless unless it's hacked. :tpi:

(...) I would name it Tux or TV. Tux after the Linux penguin because Windows is crap (...)
Which is why it's consistently the no.1 operating system for PC's around the world, laughing at the pittiful attempts of other OS'es that "try" to take over. The only reason Mac OS is still a "thing" is because it's "hip" and default on Mac's, the only reason why people still talk about Linux is because it's "alternative", "Open Source" (which usually entails "buggy and convoluted" since Open Source is the equivalent of allowing a thousand monkeys to write your OS while communicating over long distance and giving them the freedom of changing whatever the other monkey did without them knowing and with no repercussions in comparison to locking a thousand monkeys in one room and giving them clear instructions on what they're supposed to do) and allows for a lot of customization... so much so that setting up a Linux environment and maintaining it takes up 80% of your time, leaving 20% of it for actually using it... that is, unless the kernel goes tits up... and don't even get me started on the sheer number of distributions which may or may not be cross-compatible. ;O;

But yeah, long live contrarians! :grog:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte