Hacking What went wrong? ("The System files are corrupted")

LastingCry

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I was testing out my games via USB Loader and then got the error after pressing the home button. I tested SSBB and played it for like 5 minutes it worked fine. Then I tested Mario Kart Wii which work fine until I pressed Home Button which boom I got "The System files are corrupted". Now every time I try to go to Wii Mode I get that error, I tried removing the SD card, unplugging the console and nothing work. I can't even go to the Maintenance Mode, it just goes straight to the error.

I followed the "Full vWii Softmod" guide and installed everything in there except for Wii Flow since I prefer USB Loader. I did messed up in the Nand Dumping part, but I don't think that can effect anything since that's basically just a recovery file that vWii doesn't even support right now? Basically after the Nand dumping was done, I accidentally clicked the app again which I guess overwrote the Nand files that I had just back up, I didn't want to wait another 2 hours so I unplugged the console. So could it be the Wad channels that I installed?

This is basically every Wad channels that I installed:
USBLoaderCFG - UCXF - IOS58 v14 vWii Glass.wad
HBC Forwarder - GHBC -vWii
Pokemon Puzzle League wad

I only had my Wii U for a day so I can always exchange it for another one, I just what to know what went wrong so I can be prevent it next time.

LastingCry

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How did you mess up in the "NAND dumping part"?

I accidentally click the app again on the HBC menu after finishing backing it up which I think overwrote the files, I didn't want to wait another 2 hours for it to back up so I unplugged the console. The vWii mode was still working after though so I don't think that was the problem, beside isn't it just copying files to the SD card? I don't see how that can screw up my console.

FPSRussi4

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
I ask because if you check the forums i just posted a question that relates to this problem, I could use some advice myself. I think your problem has something to do with that channel forwarder you installed.

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you getting that error right when you try to launch Wii Mode, when you try to launch the USB loader, or when you try to launch a game?

If one of the latter two, when are you plugging in your USB drive? Make sure it's after Wii Mode has already started.

And no, failing to backup your nand shouldn't have caused this. It was a pretty bad idea to not let it finish, though.

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

FPSRussi4

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
The user that replied to me says it may be an SD issue. Do you think I should unplug my wiiU and plug it back in? I know it's not writing anything and just reading the NAND but I'm still nervous.

LastingCry

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Are you getting that error right when you try to launch Wii Mode, when you try to launch the USB loader, or when you try to launch a game?

If one of the latter two, when are you plugging in your USB drive? Make sure it's after Wii Mode has already started.

And no, failing to backup your nand shouldn't have caused this. It was a pretty bad idea to not let it finish, though.

Nah, I couldn't go into Wii Mode like at all.

All is good though, I just did an exchange for a new one. Hopefully nothing goes wrong this time.

P.S I should be able to download N64 Wad like Zelda: OOT, Pokemon Puzzle League, right? Just want to make sure that wasn't the problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
    Veho @ Veho: @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip. +2