Mylink5

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
Hello! I am planning on purchasing a 3DS XL and I was wondering what my first game should be. I like all genres and I guess I'd want something to leave me in awe and something that "flatters" the system. Thanks!

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Virtue's Last Reward if you already played 999 on the DS. Best visual novel by far.

If you want something less text-heavy and more action, Fire Emblem: Awakening, which is probably the best SRPG on the system.

Scrubchoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would recommend Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate if you want to spend hundreds of hours into epic gameplay, Kid Icarus Uprising if you're into awesome online play and an OK story or Legend of Zelda Ocarina of time 3D for the puzzling gameplay.

Reactions: yuyuyup

Mylink5

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
Thanks everyone! Even though I am a huge fan of Virtual Novels, I still hadn't played 999! I think I will as soon as my DSi battery arrives. Now, for Monster Hunter, even though I'll avoid it as I don't want to invest that much time in a game, if it's not an RPG. I'll also check the others out, I heard they are terrific games!

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hello! I am planning on purchasing a 3DS XL and I was wondering what my first game should be. I like all genres and I guess I'd want something to leave me in awe and something that "flatters" the system. Thanks!
A Gateway 3DS? :P

It's a tough choice, there are so many must-have games for the 3DS. I would say maybe Kid Icarus Uprising or Mario Kart 7. If you want a great multiplayer game go with Mario Kart 7, if you're more into single player go with Kid Icarus. Those are just two of my favorites though, there's plenty more.

squall3031

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm surprised no one here mentioned Ace Attorney Series!
That game is fun to play! You can wait for the Trilogy to come to 3DS or you can play the DS ver. on your 3DS. :) And then you can play Ace Attorney Dual Destinies on 3DS and also look forward to Prof. Layton Vs Phoenix Wright USA release :) (if you're in EU, you can get the game now)

MegaAce™

Steal back your future.
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
A Gateway 3DS? :P

It's a tough choice, there are so many must-have games for the 3DS. I would say maybe Kid Icarus Uprising or Mario Kart 7. If you want a great multiplayer game go with Mario Kart 7, if you're more into single player go with Kid Icarus. Those are just two of my favorites though, there's plenty more.

Kid Icarus applies to that too, at least in my book. :P

Edgarska

Conjurer of cheap tricks
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you like Resident Evil, Revelations is pretty good. It has already come out in most other consoles, but it's just $20 in the eShop.

zeello

The reason we can't have nice things.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
here is a rundown of the games I'm kinda interested in.

Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Legacy
Castlevania Lords of Shadow Mirror of Fate
Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D
Resident Evil Revelations

eshop Zelda 1
eshop Zelda 2

Problem is, I don't know what the eshop prices for all those games are (except the Zeldas) All I know is that the PSN prices of Vita games are pretty reasonable. (13.49 for Gravity Rush for example) I will have to look up the prices (which can't be done on the web) but I have a bad feeling they will be in the full price range.

TFerdo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The best 3DS exclusive, in my opinion, is either:

Ocarina of Time 3D
Super Mario 3D Land
Fire Emblem
A Link Between Worlds

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum