Samsung_Galaxy_Light_35835001-8830-003.jpg

best phone ever!

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got an invite? Apparently they are hard to come by.

I was waiting for the new Nexus to come out then seen the price.
Unfortunately, I do not have an Invites to hand out.
on the other hand, it is only 15-20$ on ebay to buy an invite (that is what I did, as I needed a replacement for my old phone ASAP and waiting for one was not an option)

Kunoha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First phone was some Nokia (old model) but I don't know where it is anymore...
I don't even remember the phones I have after that but I do know my current phone is Nokia N96. (Cruddy phone phone if you ask me)

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
After owning an iPhone 3, 4 a Galaxy S2, S3, S4 a Xiaomi Mi-3, an Xperia Z and a Nokia Lumia 800, I can safely say I think what I have now is far better than them all.

vJev0xQ.jpg

Xperia Z1 Compact is currently my phone of choice.

Such good build quality, shame about the shatterproof glass film tho, everyone hates that about it. :c
But that is an Xperia Z3 Compact (which I also have btw).

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
I never mentioned it in here, but I own a Samsung Galaxy S4. A pretty great phone, all in all, especially for my first phone. It has a good feel, a good battery, and even the standard ROM (TouchWiz, I believe) works well.

InsaneNutter

Trophies
Website
digiex.net
XP
Country
I may get this instead of Nexus 6. Its got high end specs at a real cheap price right? Would you recommend it?

Totally i honestly cant fault it, especially when the phone is half the price of any other phone in its league.

I love that i can often get two days out the phone before i need to charge it. Even if i have used the phone a lot (couple of hours navigation on Google Maps) I've have still not been able to drain the battery in a days use.

The 4K video recording is very nice too, i did think on a mobile phone that wouldn't be very good, however its crystal clear compared to 1080p video. You can screen grab a 4K video in VLC on your PC and get a 4mp photo that looks great when you print it off.

I was going to wait for the Nexus 6, however given the price im really glad i went for the One Plus. Sure the Nexus 6 is slightly better in some areas (the screen) however that doesn't make it any where near worth double the cost.

I also like that the One Plus run Cyanogenmod out the box, i've felt no need to flash a custom rom because of this.

I've seen a few reviews now of this oneplusone phone. Really decent price as well (In the UK). Doesn't it carry the same hardware as the Galaxy S5 for more or less half the price or something?

Yes the hardware is similar, however the One Plus is actually better than the S5 in several areas.

Both phones have the same processor (Snapdragon 801 Quad Core @ 2.5ghz), however the One Plus has 3gb of ram, where as the S5 only has 2gb of ram.
In addition the One Plus has a larger 3100 mAh battery, where as the S5 only has a 2800 mAh. Also if selfies are important to you the One Plus has a 5mp front facing camera where as the S5 only have a 2mp front facing camera. The S5 does have a 16mp camera on the back, where as the One Plus only has 13mp. To be honest though both phone take awesome photos and its very hard to tell the difference.

Essentially your getting a better spec phone for less than half the price of an S5. If you compare the 64gb One Plus to the iPhone 6 Plus 64gb, you could buy the One Plus twice and still have £180 left over.

To sum up in my opinion if you like a high end mobile phone i don't think anything currently on the market represents better value at the moment.

Got an invite? Apparently they are hard to come by.

I was waiting for the new Nexus to come out then seen the price.

As you are also in the UK, have a read of this: Importing the One Plus One From China - LTE Bands & What You Need To Know

The International and Chinese One Plus both support the same GSM / LTE bands in the UK so you will have no problem what so ever importing the phone.

Just keep in mind that no matter if you get the International and Chinese One Plus you will only get 4g on Three or EE here in the UK, this is because neither version supports LTE band 20 which o2 and Vodafone use for 4g.

Tbh though even though i'm on Three and get 4g on my One Plus i disable it, 3g signal is much better at the moment i find.

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
As you are also in the UK, have a read of this: Importing the One Plus One From China - LTE Bands & What You Need To Know

The International and Chinese One Plus both support the same GSM / LTE bands in the UK so you will have no problem what so ever importing the phone.

Just keep in mind that no matter if you get the International and Chinese One Plus you will only get 4g on Three or EE here in the UK, this is because neither version supports LTE band 20 which o2 and Vodafone use for 4g.

Tbh though even though i'm on Three and get 4g on my One Plus i disable it, 3g signal is much better at the moment i find.

Cheers. Is Aliexpress.com legit for buying from?

InsaneNutter

Trophies
Website
digiex.net
XP
Country
Cheers. Is Aliexpress.com legit for buying from?

I have only ever purchased 2x One Plus One's from there, however the site seems to favour the buyer like Ebay does from what i can tell.

When i purchased the phone Aliexpress held the money in escrow, the seller than had to ship the phone with tracking information. I then had to confirm i got the order before the seller got my money (i believe). Or if i didn't confirm / file a dispute after so many days the seller then automatically got the money.

Like Ebay do your research on the seller and read feedback, Aliexpress has good sellers and bad sellers. This is the seller i purchased from and had no issues, communication was very good and the phones were promptly dispatched. He has currently sold 853 One Plus One's and has 99.1% positive feedback.

Hey insane!
Nice to see you here c:
Hello! :) I can't honestly place the username, where do you recognise me from?

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
I have only ever purchased 2x One Plus One's from there, however the site seems to favour the buyer like Ebay does from what i can tell.

When i purchased the phone Aliexpress held the money in escrow, the seller than had to ship the phone with tracking information. I then had to confirm i got the order before the seller got my money (i believe). Or if i didn't confirm / file a dispute after so many days the seller then automatically got the money.

Like Ebay do your research on the seller and read feedback, Aliexpress has good sellers and bad sellers. This is the seller i purchased from and had no issues, communication was very good and the phones were promptly dispatched. He has currently sold 853 One Plus One's and has 99.1% positive feedback.

I actually got an invite for a 64GB, and have bought and paid for it in the time I sent that :lol:

Just gotta play the waiting game now.

Its black though, kinda wanted the white one. Know of any good covers? lol

InsaneNutter

Trophies
Website
digiex.net
XP
Country
I actually got an invite for a 64GB, and have bought and paid for it in the time I sent that :lol:

Just gotta play the waiting game now.

Its black though, kinda wanted the white one. Know of any good covers? lol

You did really well there! I finally got an invite 3 months after I had imported the phone :lol:

I dont really like any of the optional covers in all honesty, i got the white one and my brother got the sandstone black. I think the sandstone black looks a lot better in person that it does on photos, its got a very unique feel to it which is kind of nice.

Apex

Trophies
XP
Country
Had a Galaxy S2 with Cyanogenmod installed on it for 2 years. Hated it.

Have an iPhone 5S on jailbroken ios8. Ios is an infinitely better experience.

You couldn't pay me to use an Android based phone again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1