Hacking What NoPass Device Can I Use?

UnknownBeast

Trophies
XP
Country
No, I could find any. But a guy here said that the EZPass 3 doesn't have a boot screen (I'm assuming you want the old version because of the boot screen in the new versions).

Lily

One Scary Lady
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I received the Ultra PassKey, Ultra FlashPass 512Mbit & Ultra Media Card today, and updated the list accordingly.

Quick notes -

- The Ultra PassKey has No Splash Screen and boots every flashcart I have.

- The Ultra FlashPass is the world's first all-in-one NDS flash solution. It has 512Mbit (64MByte) of memory with a built-in 2Mbit EEPROM for saves. It works correctly with every 64MB rom and below that I've tried (using it's patch software). You can put multiple roms on the cart, or just have one single rom. If you put one single rom on the cart, you can choose to not have the multi-game loader. The menu is text based and ugly, but it appears to work flawlessly. It functions as a NoPass for itself, meaning all you have to do is put it in your DS, boot it up, and it automatically loads up as if it were a real cart. If you have your DS set to 'automatic' mode it will start automatically, if you have it set to 'manual' mode you will have to click it's icon on the DS main menu. It has No Splash Screen, and does not appear to function as a NoPass for other cards, including the Ultra Media Card. You write roms to it using the supplied patching software & USB loader. The USB loader is plug & play (no drivers required), but does not function as a USB disk. The patcher software automatically finds the USB writer when plugged into your computer, you never have to tell it what driver letter it is.

- The Ultra Media Card functions properly as well. It takes either SD, MMC or RS-MMC (reduced size MMC) cards. Using the supplied software, all roms I've tried so far work. The CD comes with the Mario Kart DS demo for NDS, and an Arkanoid game for GBA. It is the same size as a regular GBA cartridge, and is coloured yellow. RS-MMC cards fit inside it without sticking out, but SD cards stick out about half the size of the SD card.

FFVII-2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are you gonna get the ninjapass jr?

from its description on winsunx (which also reads that its shipping now), its the same as the ninjpass 512mbit but without the multi-game feature. and it seems to be the card im eyeing to start with...but i love this review chart. keep up the good work.

http://www.winsunx.com/list.php?mod=728

Lily

One Scary Lady
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The EZ-Pass 3 is in with my NinjaPass order, so when that ships out, I'll get both the EZ-Pass 3 & the Neo MK4 Key. Just wanted to save on shipping.
smile.gif

I'm not currently planning on getting the Ninjapass Jr, since there's not much point. I doubt anything is different other than multi-game support, and that seems a bit of a waste of $$ to me. However, if it's necessary down the line (i.e. someone says something is remarkably different) then I may get one.

Lily

One Scary Lady
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Update: With the Ultra FlashPass, it doesn't always detect the savetype - if you burn the rom with the savetype listed as 'unknown', the game will boot but give an immediate error. With the long write time you have to endure to fill the whole cart (10min+), that's pretty painful. Right-click on the rom and select the correct savetype before burning!

Lily

One Scary Lady
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As you can see, the colour is very similar to a normal NDS card, but like all the other NoPass devices, it's similar but not quite the same. Both the Ultra devices are solid, and sealed shut - no screws involved. The FlashPass fits very tightly in the NDS slot of the regular NDS and the Lite, as you can see there is something in the shape of a square protruding from under the label.

pic001.jpg

pic002.jpg

pic003.jpg

pic004.jpg

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
huh.gif

So they arent letting you pick the color for MK4-mini? Is it because there isnt more than one color or they just won't let you pick wherever they can be ordered from?
These are the 2 I have here right now (Navy Blue and light/powder blue)
MK4-mini.JPG

rockpin

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've received NinjaPass Media Loader. It hasn't splash screen, it supports sleep mode and woks well with g6 lite and supercard.
Hope that helps a bit
wink.gif

Lily

One Scary Lady
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have received:

EZ-Pass 3
NinjaPass DS Flash
NinjaPass Media Launcher
Neo MK4-Key

I will update the chart soon.

Note: The NinjaPass DS Flash & the Ultra FlashPass are (as expected) the same thing. Same card, same writer, same software.

Lily

One Scary Lady
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can't update the chart unless I've physically verified the results myself. I appreciate the input, but if I just took people's word for it, the chart would not be accurate.
smile.gif

Do you have a SuperKey v2 or v3?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol