What makes Twilight Princess NGC hold a high value?

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
The PAL version, that is. Don't know about the NTSC.

On eBay it goes for £30-£80, as you can see here all the sold listings shown it's an extremely well profitable game that if someone were to have thousands of copies laying around they could make a shit-ton of cash outta it.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_s...incess+gamecube&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

I take it the reason is Out of Print but even then, that much?

I thankfully have my own copy but would never pay higher than £32 for it.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
the reason is because noone has thousands of copies of it. the gamecube version is comparably rare. but as long as someone is selling it for 30 pounds, it doesnt matter if theres someone who wants a million for it.
and 30 pounds is kinda worth it too

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Aside from general popularity, its original controls and non flipped world. Also was the system's final release in various countries.

Apparently French and Spanish were Wii exclusive to NTSC users. I don't know if that had real impact.

Psycho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is it really that rare? wow.
maybe it's because the majority of people bought it for the wii?

EDIT: ninja'd

luckily i didn't have a wii back when it was released, so i have it for both systems now

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Aside from general popularity, its original controls and non flipped world. Also was the system's final release in various countries.

Apparently French and Spanish were Wii exclusive to NTSC users. I don't know if that had real impact.

flipped world? i had noticed screenshots on the internet mirrored and i did get lots of confused.... why did they flipped the world?

LuckySteves

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Link is a lefty for most of the series, but when they brought the game to the Wii, they wanted the wiimote to be the player's version of the sword. Since the majority of players are right handed, they decided that the easiest thing to do was flip the world from the gamecube version where Link remains left-handed. That way, they don't need to remake too much, while allowing the player to hold their "sword" in the right hand.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.