Pigwooly

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey, has anyone had any experience with a good lcd monitor that is affordable (no more than $450)?

I'm an artist and animator first and a gamer secondly so the color quality and consistency is of primary importance to me. I'd prefer an S-IPS screen to a TN screen because I hate it when colors look darker or there are different hues in different areas of the screen. I was going to get the Dell UltraSharp 2007WFP, but I called and it looks like it just got discontinued.
frown.gif

Of course since I animate I want a screen that won't ghost or blur movement too bad, but my main concern is the color consistency.

So what monitors do you like?

ben_r_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Samsung 204B was a great monitor! 20.1" with 1600x1200 resolution. Great response time for gaming and after calibration reproduced good contrast, great colors and even backlighting. I used to own two of them.

ben_r_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
I used to love 940bw in 8 months ago and i wanted mainly for desktop and 360 use, but since ur an artist, maybe u should stick to CRT, since of colors in CRT are much real than LCDs, take black for an example.

pimpyT

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Dell 2007WFP has been great to me. I've had her for about 2 years and still no dead pixels and the images are always quite crisp. Moved up from a 21" CRT and I haven't looked back since.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.