Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What kind of R4i card is this?

I bought the one here:

http://www.nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=145

I'm pretty sure that's the site that is approved by GBATEMP.NET.

Anyway, the cart I received doesn't have the "V1.4.5" yellow logo. I ordered it because I needed a 1.4.5 card because my DSi was updated to 1.4.5U. The cart looks exactly like that pictured cart in that listing, except it doesn't have the V1.4.5 logo.

The cart does work with the Nintendo DSi 1.4.5U firmware though.

Does this mean anything?

I'm not sure which firmware updates I should be getting from the R4i-SDHC website.

Gyron_Oldvic

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
They are older cards and won't receive firmware updates. They do still receive kernel updates though. Only their cards with the 3DS logo will get firmware if required. Does your card have the 'i' and 'Wifi' logo on it?

sp957

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They are older cards and won't receive firmware updates. They do still receive kernel updates though. Only their cards with the 3DS logo will get firmware if required. Does your card have the 'i' and 'Wifi' logo on it?

Yep. I just doesn't have the yellow version logo.

Looks exactly like this minute the yellow logo:

http://www.nds-card.com/UploadFile/P145_2.JPG

Gyron_Oldvic

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have this card (although mine has the 1.4.5 logo) on it. No chance of firmware updates, although like I said, they do still roll out kernel updates periodically . I use the kernel half way down their download page which says 'R4i-SDHC V1.4.5 kernel download(with 1.4X or 1.4. mark)'. Latest is V1.81b.

sp957

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whoops, got confused with what were kernel updates and what were firmware updates. I was calling the kernel updates on the site "firmware updates".

Anyways, thanks for the help! I guess my R4i just doesn't have the yellow logo on it.

It was just confusing because the site has 4 options for kernel updates. 3DS mark; 1.4.x yellow logo; without "i" mark; with "i" mark but without yellow logo.

The one I received didn't fit any of those specifically.

EDIT: I went to the upgrade thing on the R4i card, and it says it supports NDSL, NDSI 1.4.5, and 3DS 5.0.

All the firmwares on the R4i-SDHC site say 1.81b (except for the one with the "i" mark but without the yellow number.

So I think they just make the cards more general now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: empty chat