Gaming What Jobs did you guys start as in FFIII?

jmac777

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Im a Warrior, thief, black mage, and mmonk

what are you guys?

i got to the part when you kill Djinn and the credits start rolling..(i thought the game was over for a second xD)

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You typo'd the title, but we'll know what you mean.

Warrior, Monk, White, Black
It's my standard FF1 party. I'll be switching around a lot though.

I've played the NES version a little so some of the job mechanics are different, can anyone answer this question?:
What is the deal with the # of battles to adjust thing? In the original you got a collection of job points from battles, sort of like gold, that you used to change classes with. Not like this at all. What is different in those few battles that gets "adjusted"?

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Boneman

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ive gone 2 X Warriors, Black Mage, White Mage.

Also the adjustment is to do with your stats when you change jobs, i think it lowers your strength etc. for whatever number of battles it says in the job section. I guess this is to make you think a little more strategically about when to change job class.

Either way i like this game.
yaynds.gif

Edit: Sorry put Knights instead of Warriors
shy.gif

x20a

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
my party is

warrior,thief,wht mage, and blkmage

might change thief with monk since alot of people said its good

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't quite understand the job system like what happens when my job level goes up and why some jobs can't equip certain armor or weapons and what the difference is between them all so as of now I have 3 freelancers and a red mage.

Zaraf

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
My party is 4 red mages
tongue.gif
I have this thing for having ALL characters the SAME class
tongue.gif

I played through FF1 with 4 monks. That was freaking cool. Was tough in the beginning, but near the end of the game, I was dishing out CRAZY damage.

D

Deleted User

A Red Mage, Thief, Warrior and a Freelancer with a bow. I hope there's an Archer in the job listing as they were awesome in FF Tactics.

ugly_rose

Trophies
XP
Country
As as Swede I guess I should have like 4 vikings in my party...
laugh.gif

I haven't gotten so far yet though as to get to choose my first 6 jobs but I think I will make it something like warrior, monk (alt. thief), white&black wiz. It worked well in FF1
tongue.gif

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
After debating whether to keep my freelancer team for a while (regular 6 hits with swords (remember to the get the one from the top of the west tower in the castle) for about 150 damage) I decided to go with:
monk, black mage (with bow), white mage, thief.

ugly_rose

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a problem with my white mage's offensive skill. Frankly speaking he doesn't seem to have any. I did hear some mentioning of an offensive white magic spell by the name of Aero though... hmm...

matt1freek

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i've gotta thief, black mage, red mage w/bow, and warrior.
i was going to play it thru with a white/black combo but i rarely use any white spells besides cure.
maybe later on down the line it will bother me cuz as of now i can only use 3rd level magic once with my red mage...

Raziell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a problem with my white mage's offensive skill. Frankly speaking he doesn't seem to have any. I did hear some mentioning of an offensive white magic spell by the name of Aero though... hmm...
White Mages are mostly meant to be used as healer, so, not much offense to speak of. You can buy, I think, or maybe it was find, Aero somewhere around or after the gnome village.

As for my party, went with my same ol' standard, Warrior, Black, White, Monk. Gettin bored of it though, so I might switch it around for the early parts of the game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: both of which work well in potplayer