What is your nostalgic video game?

Hungry Friend

It was my destiny to be here; in the box.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SF2 is definitely one of those games that I have many many fond memories of, especially beating people much older than myself at the arcade and getting them all pissed off, but they couldn't really do anything about it because I was like 8. The original CPS1 Hyper Fighting is still my favorite iteration of SF2.

Also TMNT arcade, both the OG arcade HW and the very different NES version are amazing classic beatemups that give me a nostalgic feeling, same goes for Double Dragon 1-2(3 on the NES, arcade version is terrible) and the best beatemup overall imo, Final Fight.(arcade version)

EDIT: How could I forget Mortal Kombat? 2 is by far my favorite but MK1 stirred up all that controversy and had annoying charlatan politicians pretending to be offended. When it was released to consoles I was totally jealous of my neighborhood buddy who had a Genesis because it got the superior overall port with a blood code. MK2 on the SNES isn't perfect but it gave the Nintendo side a chance to gloat.

3 and ultimate have shitty fatalities and I never liked the dial-a-combos or the run button. Ultimate and especially Trilogy(PS1 version) improved upon 3 but I was kinda sick of MK by then. 2 is the best classic MK.

Last edited by Hungry Friend,
Reactions: Megaben99 and Flame
D

Deleted User

Paper Mario and Fire Emblem 7. Both were completely amazing. New Paper Mario looks amazing. I doubt I'll play Fire Emblem 7 anymore. I deleted my Wii U virtual console save file because I was playing it too much >.< and my Priscilla had amazing stats :(

http://newpapermario.tumblr.com/

Hungry Friend

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FE7 is a little too recent for me to get nostalgic about it but one-shotting a certain annoying wizard with Jaffar is pretty fucking awesome when it happens ;)

Chrono Cross, Super Mario RPG, Super Mario Sunshine.

Forgot about SMRPG as well. Bit embarrassed I forgot a game I played to death but Chrono Trigger and FF6 overshadowed all the other RPGs in 94-95

Last edited by Hungry Friend,

Catastrophic

Perfectly Normal
Trophies
XP
Country
I'd say most N64 games we owned when I was little can make the list. Can't forget the times me and my siblings completely destroyed our palms and fingers playing Mario Party 2 with broken controllers.

[^Blark^]

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pokemon R/B/Y -GBC
Dragon Warrior Monsters -GBC
Dragon Warrior Monsters 2 -GBC
Battle Toads Battle maniacs -SNES
Battle Toads Double Dragon -SNES
Kirby's Dream course -SNES
Tomba -PSX
Spyro -PSX
Resident Evil -PSX
Paper Mario -N64
Aladdin -GENESIS
Adventures of Lolo -NES
Yo-Noid -NES
Dick Tracy -NES
Snake rattle n'roll -NES
Adventure Island -NES
etc....

the list goes on I don't have one game that causes me to feel nostalgia but out of all the games I'd have to say
"Adventure Island" for NES is my #1.

Last edited by [^Blark^],

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
River Raid Atari 2600
H.E.R.O. Atari 2600
Megaman 2 NES
Double Dragon 2 NES
Zelda 2 TaoL NES
Super Mario World SNES
Zelda 3 Alttp SNES
Super Mario 64
Banjo Kazooie
Banjo Tooie
Zelda 64 Oot

After that it gets blurry and 3D wich are the games I consider current gen personally, wether on Gamecube, Wii, Xbox 360 or PS4 etc
Super Mario Sunshine Gamecube
Zelda the windwaker Gamecube
Zelda Ttp
Metroid Prime 1 & 2 ( oh yeah! )
Starfox Adventures

Hungry Friend

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I talk about nostalgia I usually only talk about NES-SNES/Genesis games but as far as PS1 games go, Haloeffect mentioned Chrono Cross and I definitely have a special connection to that one. I did an entire playthrough of it where I'd only play it while high or tripping and the weird ass story made slightly more sense than it does playing it sober, lol. Playing it on mushrooms or 4-aco-DMT was especially nuts because the game itself without drugs is already incredibly psychedelic, and the beautiful music mixes very well with powerful psychedelics.

Weird post but had to mention that because it was so weird, and Mega Man 2 was another one of those NES games I played a lot as a kid even though I've always sucked horribly at it.

Thomas83Lin

Retro Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.thomas83lincodes.com
XP
Country
United States
Some of my favs from Nes,Genesis and Snes. There is plenty more but I really don't want to list more than 3 for each.

Nes- Mario 3, Gradius, Jackal (I liked to also mention Ultima Exdous my first rpg)
Snes- DKC3, DKC2, Alttp
Genesis- Contra HC,Gaiares,Wings of Wor

D

Deleted User

Even though I'm still fairly young, and will probably feel nostalgic when playing other games when I'm older, for now, I'd have to say Pokemon Gold for the GBC.
I remember when I first played it. The memory is almost as clear as some more recent memories.
I was in grade 2, it was after school when I was at where my mom worked at the time. She worked at some sort of security company, and she worked for quite a while after I was let out of school, so I always had to come with her to work and sit in the board room (?) and screw around on the GBA that they had there. They had a few GBC and GBA games there, I think one GBA and two GBC games? I think the GBA game they had was some sort of pinball game, and the other GBC game they had was some Mario game. (that I was total shit at) I ignored the GBA game and Pokemon Gold for a while, because I thought that neither of the games looked interesting, or like something I'd play. I eventually got bored with whatever Mario game they had, and decided to try out one of the other two games. I tried out Pokemon Gold, and while I don't remember exactly what I thought about it at first, I did end up playing it a lot. I don't remember how far into it I got though, but I don't think I ever finished it.
I had completely forgotten about the game until just recently when I decided to play Pokemon Heart Gold, and while playing it I realized that there was something about the music that seemed somewhat familiar, like I'd heard it before, then I started to remember playing Pokemon Gold when I was younger, and even some of the specific details I mentioned.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
the legend of zelda, ocarina of time.

oh the memories.

still remember how to finish the game by heart, and did so millions of times.

The lost wood theme has an important place in my heart.

Reactions: Deleted User

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
all the NES game I played (Zelda1, zelda2, Battle of olympus, Castlevania 2, to name a few known games, but I played a lot of other less known games)
some of Amiga games too. (Monkey island for example, my first point and click, as a good place in my heart)

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1