What is the worst tasting food you've ever eaten?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by SketchyPixel, Nov 26, 2017.

1. Veho

Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Former Staff
    Apr 4, 2006
    Croatia
    Zagreb
    Tonic water.

THEELEMENTKH and CallmeBerto like this.
  2. dAVID_

dAVID_ GBAtemp's Official Onion Cricket

Oct 23, 2016
    Mexico
    Your basement
    Actually the idea of Hawaiian pizza sounds delicious to me.

3. drenal

drenal not a furry

Sep 25, 2016
    United States
    Alone, listening to music
    Vegemite.

ThoD likes this.
  4. VinsCool

VinsCool Detached from Reality

GBAtemp Patron
    VinsCool is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2014
    Canada
    Another World
    I heard it's quite good on toasts.

5. drenal

drenal not a furry

Sep 25, 2016
    United States
    Alone, listening to music
    I've tried it on toast (my brother convinced me to try it). It's horrible, at least to me. It's extremely salty and it smells horrible too

ThoD likes this.
  6. Hypnotizing

Hypnotizing Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 30, 2015
    Mexico
    A dish that in Mexico we call "Mole"

7. SketchyPixel
    OP

SketchyPixel Ignore what I say

Jul 4, 2016
    Korea, North
    Idk, a Black Hole maybe?
    [​IMG] I'll pass.

ThoD, drenal and VinsCool like this.
  8. MartinDocNewland

MartinDocNewland Searching for the truth

Jul 7, 2012
    Anyone said marmite yet? Sort of like Vegemite. Though I don't know if its a NSFW but its banned in a few countries.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Didn't know Kraft made it now. Kraft is not very Aussie

9. Veho

Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Former Staff
    Apr 4, 2006
    Croatia
    Zagreb
    Where is it banned?

10. MartinDocNewland

MartinDocNewland Searching for the truth

Jul 7, 2012
    As far as I know its banned in Denmark.

11. TF_Slayar

TF_Slayar Member

Newcomer
    May 4, 2017
    United States
    Greens, definitely. I understand that they're supposed to be eaten with other foods (corn bread) but shit, the bitterness of them ruins everything in your mouth.

12. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    I think the absolute worst tasting food I have ever eaten is day old mackerel in tomato sauce from a tin that has been left opened in the fridge. It literally tastes worse than cod liver oil and the taste made me gag as a kid when I was forced to eat it. Tastes great with some mayo when it's just been opened, but turns really bad really fast. It doesn't go bad in the literal sense it just tastes awful.
    I can't recall any other food making me gag.

In second place is chicken feet. It's not that the taste is so bad it makes you gag or anything like that, the taste on its own isn't actually that terrible. But it's really bland and it's all skin (and not the tasty kind) and fat (or cartilage?) with tiny little fish bone sized bones inside. i can't understand why people in Asia enjoy eating it, it must have been the most bland part of any animal I have ever eaten and the texture was what really put me off.
    To put things into perspective, I am a person who will eat almost anything and find it at least mildly enjoyable but I got no enjoyment out of that at all.
    I've even eaten Durian and it wasn't bad. Not great, but not bad. It was fried though, I don't think i could get myself to eat it raw especially as the smell would be far stronger.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye, Dec 6, 2017
    Psionic Roshambo likes this.
  13. MasterViper81

MasterViper81 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 22, 2017
    United States
    The Rice Fields
    Cheese

14. Psionic Roshambo

Psionic Roshambo GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 12, 2011
    United States
    It's genetic people who say cilantro tastes like soap do not have a specific enzyme in the saliva. It's a different gene but the same reason with people who don't like dry wines because they taste like dirt :( again an enzyme in the saliva.

For me the worst thing I have tasted was probably a burger made by my ex wife... (my 1st one 2nd one is doing fine) she took a frozen burger and threw it in a frying pan on the highest setting... burnt to a crisp so bad I had to bend it down to manage to take a bite off of it. The upsetting part to me was she asked me how to cook it... I told her the proper way "If your cooking from frozen it's going to take a few extra minutes because you have to lower the temperature to allow the insides to thaw." but my words of wisdom fell on deaf ears lol

Before that when I was like 4 I got a green (well spots of green) on a fish sandwich from that place that has a clown... It tasted pretty fucking bad. I remember my mom being proud of me for complaining about it (I don't usually complain about things so if I do complain I am usually down playing it) mold on a frozen fish patty that got deep fried... How a human could have cooked and served that I will never understand.