What is the worst tasting food you've ever eaten?

• Thread starter Deleted-394630
  • Start date
  • Views 11,393
  • Replies 173

Catsinabucket

Permanently Uncertain
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
On two occasions, I had food that had been aired out for a while. One was couscous (that I didn't reseal the packet of it when it was dehydrated), and the other was half an instant noodle block (that I wrapped in clingfilm, apparently not too well).

Dear God they were both the most bitter things I've ever tasted. Almost like the insides of a medicine capsule or paracetemol that's been on your tongue for too long

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
International foodtruck festival (held once a year)

Worst i ever eaten:
- Crocodile burger and Kangerou burger
- Sushi (ok, i don't like fish in general, but i do eat it when served, but raw fish with seaweed leaves around it, Bleh)

- But the Ostrich burger was great
- About vegetables, i eat all, except seaweed stuff)

Last edited by DjoeN,

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
SPAM (food)

Just end humanity already.
Is spam really that bad. I mean I always thought it (and similar meat products) looked and would taste bad but some people who've had it say it's not that bad. I'm assuming it's mostly processed bits of pigs that don't get used for actual meat, like the processed crap that goes into chicken nuggets.

Reactions: CallmeBerto

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
calzone
i know its a normal thing but the restaurant i worked for was disgustingly filthy but i had to do a 13hr shift and forgot to bring cash to buy lunch so i ate one of the calzones from the restaurant not only was it cheap and flavorless left a filmy aftertaste feeling across my mouth, but i also got sick and had to miss two days of work . . .

GhostLatte

GBAtemp's Official Van Master™
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So many of you folks are really picky.

I personally love seafood and lamb meat, even venison is not that bad.

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
calzone
i know its a normal thing but the restaurant i worked for was disgustingly filthy but i had to do a 13hr shift and forgot to bring cash to buy lunch so i ate one of the calzones from the restaurant not only was it cheap and flavorless left a filmy aftertaste feeling across my mouth, but i also got sick and had to miss two days of work . . .
To begin with from your description I'd assume it was some frozen dish you could probably buy at a supermarket. A lot of restaurants do that. Use low quality food (hell, I saw a dish in one restaurant that looked somewhat like a frozen pizza, as in it was already completely made) or ingredients and cut corners to save time and money but like to charge you the same you'd pay for food that isn't complete crap.

Even if it wasn't some cheap low quality thing to begin with it sounds like it might not have been prepared properly or it might have been none too fresh and been sitting in a fridge for a couple days.

Last edited by RedBlueGreen,
Reactions: Subtle Demise

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I despise any kind of sea food but that's more of a personal preference to the smell and thought of it rather than the taste. I just choose not to eat it.

Other than that the only food I can actually remember eating that made me physically gag would be peas (as a child) and brie.

bennyman123abc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was that a reply to me? I can certainly tell the difference between cilantro and soap :rofl2: I doubt it was what made my meal taste like soap.
I suspect they probably forgot to rinse something at this restaurant. It was the only time I ever ate something that bad.
Cilantro tasting like soap is a genetic trait. I think that might've been what you tasted.

:arrow:Source

Also, I despise rice with all of the might I have.

Last edited by bennyman123abc,

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
I once ordered cheese tortelinis from a restaurant and they had a soap aftertaste.
Still eaten, drowned in the sauce, but that was not much enjoyable :wacko:
I love cheese tortellinis! I hope that didn't discourage you from ever eating it again.

Reactions: ThoD

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Raw Onions. Yes I said it I was little at the time and didn't know any better. The taste was so bitter I wanted to cry just from that

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse