What is the software repair in eshop - should I use it?

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by Memfis, Oct 8, 2017.

1. Memfis
    OP

Memfis Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 18, 2010
    Gambia, The
    I have dumped Harvest Moon: The Tale of Two Towns to my N3DS XL. I have the original in the Slot. In the eShop I can download an update, but I get error 007-7020. What does that mean? I also see a button witch is calles "Software Repair". Should I use this? Anyone have an idea what the problem can be?

2. Majickhat55

Majickhat55 The Red Woman

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Asshai
    The software repair in eShop checks the installed data for errors and redownloads the title fresh without overwriting the save data. It's normally used for corrupted installations. The error you're getting is a general NIM module error with no specific description so I have no clue about that.

3. Memfis
    OP

Memfis Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 18, 2010
    Gambia, The
    So it´s better not to use the repair function, because Nintendo can see, that I never bought a digital version of this game? Of course I have the retail version, but officiel there is no way to install it ;)

4. CallmeBerto

CallmeBerto The "Lone Wanderer"

GBAtemp Patron
    CallmeBerto is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 1, 2017
    United States
    USA
    If u have the cart you can just try to dump it again and try to run without the update and see if that helps.

I've used the software repair and never had any issues.

Could they see this? Sure but do they do anything with that info...who knows

5. Majickhat55

Majickhat55 The Red Woman

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Asshai
    In that respect, you know they can see you're playing a game you never paid for anyway? Cartridges use their own private header so they know when it's a cartridge vs a digital install. If you dump a cartridge, then install and play it you have no receipt for that digital copy if Nintendo were to check your purchase history. For whatever reason, they don't do that. It's 100% safe to use the repair function, it even used to be necessary to fix cyrptofixed titles.