Gaming What is the simplest/easiest Lego game out there???

naughty_cat

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
I was looking for some "infant-friendly" games for Wii U... something that a young child (like 5 or 6) could just put into the console and just have a good time without complications... Lego games seemed "child-friendly" enough... When I tried Lego Indiana Jones and Harry Potter for wii, they were simple enough, and provided a fun child-friendly-naturally flowing gaming experience... However after I got Lego Marvel's Avengers on wii u... it didn't turn out to be that friendly at all... the camera angles were awkward... making it difficult to realize where you're supposed to go next... There were too many complicated controls (especially because you have to switch characters all the time, and iron man's flight maneuvering is so badly implemented that he keeps disappearing completely from the screen), and just doesn't provide the sort of easily flowing gaming experience that a game like Lego Indiana Jones provides... So I was wondering how do the other Lego games for wii u compare to Lego Marvel's avengers? Which one is the most child-friendly??

Also I'd like to know if there are other "Big Titles" out there that are easily accessible for children (Aside from Mario games and Mario Kart)... As far as e-shop downloads are concerned, I already know Tori Toki 2+, but that's it! Any other e-shop suggestions would be welcome as well...

sroemr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My oldest just turned 5, but hasn't really shown much interest in video games. However, I could see a 5-6 year old enjoying World of Goo. The puzzle portion may be too difficult as the game progresses, but the entire concept of the game would, IMO, be entertaining.

Or just let them play Battletoads, then any game will seem simple.

Reactions: naughty_cat

naughty_cat

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
My oldest just turned 5, but hasn't really shown much interest in video games. However, I could see a 5-6 year old enjoying World of Goo. The puzzle portion may be too difficult as the game progresses, but the entire concept of the game would, IMO, be entertaining.

Or just let them play Battletoads, then any game will seem simple.

Thanks a lot! That was very helpful.

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
The Lego Star Wars games are quite straightforward. My nephew played them on the GameCube when he was around that age. I don't know how the Wii U title (The Force Awakens) measures up, but you can get the original Lego Star Wars games for the Wii and play them on Wii U.

naughty_cat

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
The Lego Star Wars games are quite straightforward. My nephew played them on the GameCube when he was around that age. I don't know how the Wii U title (The Force Awakens) measures up, but you can get the original Lego Star Wars games for the Wii and play them on Wii U.

Thanks. I had decided to overlook the star wars games because I found the force awakens to be too complicated, but I never looked into the older ones... To be honest I have a feeling that all the old wii lego titles are going to turn out to be exactly what I need...

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks. I had decided to overlook the star wars games because I found the force awakens to be too complicated, but I never looked into the older ones... To be honest I have a feeling that all the old wii lego titles are going to turn out to be exactly what I need...
No worries. I think the Wii versions are the same in terms of difficulty as the GC versions, but you could always watch some videos on YouTube to confirm this. Also, you can buy the Lego Star Wars Complete Saga for next to nothing as it's an older Wii game. I've just seen it on eBay for £5 BIN with free postage. So even if he doesn't like it or it's too difficult, it's not a massive investment :)

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 6 and 7 year old that loved Lego City Under Cover. If you've never heard of it think "Grand Theft Auto" but lego and for kids.

You play the role of a police officer and solve lots of crimes. It also makes great use of the game pad.

The only down side is that it's single player only, unlike the rest of the lego games.

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh I forgot, the Lego Harry Potter games are great! I haven't played the Wii versions, but I played through the iOS versions and they are really good. Very straightforward in terms of controls and the puzzles aren't too hard.

Edit - Oh, just seen that you have already played them :blush:

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also lego Jurassic world. They liked that a lot too. They only needed help on the last mission because the camera angle was a little wonky.

Hint: The raptors have to jump on the big dinosaurs face.

Last edited by Bu2d85,
S

Saiyan Lusitano

New Super Mario Bros. U extremely easy for kids to play. Lego too. If you've played one Lego title then you've basically played them all, it just changes the story, characters, music and such.

TinyBilbo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
+1 for Yoshi's wooly world...
I play it with my 6 yr old daughter.
It was a bit of struggle in the beginning, but now we're level 5 and she's playing like a champ!!
She's even defeated some of the bosses by herself, and can now spot some of the hidden stuff.
Use the gamepad for yourself and let the little one use a wiimote, which is much better for little hands!..

Also Nintendoland, lots of minigames that are quite easy to grasp.

Lastly on the Wii (or vWii) there are some Dora the explorer & Diego games, they follow a formula in terms of gameplay & are a little dull, but my little-uns could handle them at 4yrs....

Last edited by TinyBilbo,

naughty_cat

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
+1 for Yoshi's wooly world...
I play it with my 6 yr old daughter.
It was a bit of struggle in the beginning, but now we're level 5 and she's playing like a champ!!
She's even defeated some of the bosses by herself, and can now spot some of the hidden stuff.
Use the gamepad for yourself and let the little one use a wiimote, which is much better for little hands!..

Also Nintendoland, lots of minigames that are quite easy to grasp.

Lastly on the Wii (or vWii) there are some Dora the explorer & Diego games, they follow a formula in terms of gameplay & are a little dull, but my little-uns could handle them at 4yrs....

Thanks a lot. This was very helpful :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eGAHfC5P-Y