Homebrew What is the best way to run games from USB?

jnilsson86

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I decided to hack my old Wii. I tried installing homebrew (letterbomb), but I can never seem to do it like the tutorials show. I have also tried smashstack, but I can't get that to work, either. whenever I try to use Bootmii, the screen just goes black and the disk light on the wii flashes continually. What is the best way that WORKS, is relatively current, safe, and simple? I have also tried ModMii, but I can't find any links that are safe and that work at the same time. I'm also not quite sure how it works. as you can tell, I'm a noob hacker, so simple-ish explanations would be great.

TheRenegadist

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I used that guide in tandem with a couple Youtube videos. Just make sure you do a ton of research before doing this, make sure you know what you're getting and not getting with a hacked Wii and know the consequences of doing so in the rare case that something goes wrong. Once you are confident in what you are doing then proceed, rushing in head first with little information can either lead to you getting lucky and everything working just fine or in the worst case scenario you could brick your Wii.

I'll edit this post if I can find the original video I used to hack my Wii but I highly suggest doing your own footwork before getting into the hacking scene.

“An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.” -Franklin

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I decided to hack my old Wii. I tried installing homebrew (letterbomb), but I can never seem to do it like the tutorials show. I have also tried smashstack, but I can't get that to work, either. whenever I try to use Bootmii, the screen just goes black and the disk light on the wii flashes continually. What is the best way that WORKS, is relatively current, safe, and simple? I have also tried ModMii, but I can't find any links that are safe and that work at the same time. I'm also not quite sure how it works. as you can tell, I'm a noob hacker, so simple-ish explanations would be great.
The official ModMii download is here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/modmii/files/latest/download?source=navbar

TheRenegadist

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
with letter bomb is your date correct on the wii?
not positive if that matters but I think it does
Now that you mention it I do remember something about setting the date to get the Letterbomb message to show in your Mail list.

Can you also tell us what version your Wii is, if you don't know that then what is the color of your Wii and does it have the Gamecube ports on the top?

lukands

I took the little bus here
Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
ModMii even generates a step by step guide for you.
Make sure you don`t forget to check the correct region (4.3U) box in Letterbomb.....and sometimes you have to check the mail messages 1-2 days back or ahead to see the letterbomb icon.

Last edited by lukands,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool