What is the best way to protect the HDD from the SATA to IDE Adapter?

FrostFusionHero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Hello everybody

As you can see my little question, I was wondering what is the best way to protect the HDD from the SATA to IDE Adapter.
I read / heard sometimes, that it could be dangerous, since the HDD and the adapter are too close together and might burning at the end (which really no one wants), because of the overheating or something electrical between those two equipments. I don't know if this happened or if it is possible, but I just want to be on the safe side.

Do I have to use an electrical tape or is a bubble wrap enough, which I would set between the HDD and the adapter? Or do I even have to use something else?

I know it is a detail question, but I want just to be sure and I also want to do the correct way.

Please let me know if you need more information!
For any answers, I am very grateful!

Note:
The adapter I got is called "DeLock 62510 Converter", if this information is needed.
I am using a 80 wire IDE cable and the HDD that I got is a "WD1002FBYS" 1TB.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Stick some electrical tape on the board or on the HDD.
It'll prevent shorting.

Normally it should short as there's enough space between the board and the HDD casing but if you're paranoid, just a strip on the board to cover the exposed solder contacts or on the HDD will suffice.

Reactions: FrostFusionHero

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well then show them how to scratch it (this is a verbalase joke)