What is the best program/tool/site to build a very simplistic website?

Deleted member 386356

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I am very new to website building and i have little understanding of this whole HTML stuff, and I'd just like to build a very simplistic website, but i can't find anything good that could help me.
I tried Weebly and such, but i can't start with a blank page, it gives me all these templates that i don't wanna use.
If anyone could tell me a good program or tool or website to start building a website, i would appreciate it.

I am looking to use custom fonts, colored backgrounds, HTML5 support, a file explorer, and possible RPG Maker support.
That would be great.

Last edited by Deleted member 386356,
D

Deleted User

SeaMonkey offers a pretty good HTML 4.01 Transitional composer, although you won't get clean code with a WYSIWYG editor.
If you're looking for a code editor, use Notepad++ (or TextWrangler if on a Mac).

Enlapse

Trophies
XP
Country
If your host is good enough (000webhost for example, is great!), you can upload a compressed folder (as a zip if I'm not wrong) and make the host decompress it. So you don't need to link anything if your html works as pretended in localhost.

Edit: If you have HTML knowledge (very basic inclusive), Notepad++, Gedit... text editors work great.

Dr.Hacknik

Ashley | Developer | Trans
Trophies
Website
dochacknik.keybase.pub
XP
Country
United States
I use Programmers Notepad and a template via HTML5UP. They provide tons of CSS based templates with great design, so you don't have to make one from scratch. Then, you can just edit all the HTML files to your liking, then plop it onto something like GitHub Pages (A repository).

Here's a website that I use for one of my projects: https://zoltx23.github.io/SimpliiU_pages/

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
As noted above github pages is probably best, as you don't have to worry about ftp or anything. Just commit/push with git. Knowing how to use git is an essential skill if you want to get into programming later on. And anyway, working on your own, you only need to know about 3 commands to do everything (collaborating is a little more complicated).

Reactions: Koko-Kun

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...