Hacking What is the best flashcard for GBA SP?

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
ez-flash iv, if you would search you would know >:C
its the best one available to purchase and one of the best gba carts that appeared....

migles

Trophies
XP
Country
China
does work on the ez flash IV pokemon flora sky and other pokemon hacks?

it does. i played some pokemon hacks and it is fine, not sure about that specific one, but if it supports pokemon, and modified roms, there i dont believe there is a reason to don't support them... if you really want to make sure, you can ask me to try it via pm

btw, it doesn't have RTC, so certain functions on pokemon games (ruby saphire emerald) will not work (the berries will not grow for example) but the game is playable without rtc

tvoretz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's it, really. There are only two GBA flashcarts still readily available. The EZ-Flash IV runs games properly, the Supercard mini SD... doesn't. There are flashcarts better than the EZFlash IV (ie ones that support RTC), but they have not been manufactured in a long time. You can't find them new anymore, and the people that have them aren't going to give them up.

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
OP
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
That's it, really. There are only two GBA flashcarts still readily available. The EZ-Flash IV runs games properly, the Supercard mini SD... doesn't. There are flashcarts better than the EZFlash IV (ie ones that support RTC), but they have not been manufactured in a long time. You can't find them new anymore, and the people that have them aren't going to give them up.

You mean i wontnotice the difference between real game and ROM on EZ flash IV?

Ulieq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is nothing good out there, that is why I'm selling my gba on ebay. I wish they had a r4 equiv, but they don't, and GBA is emulated easy on almost ever system and device.

migles

Trophies
XP
Country
China

thats right... i played kirby and the amazing mirror, which is a pretty fast game, and the slowdowns i noticed sometimes also happens on the real cart...

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

Your options are basically the Ez IV or nothing at all. For the price of an EZ IV + all GBA Pokemon games you probably still can't buy a flashcart, which has built-in RTC. Only annoyance with the Ez IV is that it uses MiniSD cards opposed to microSDs and the cards have to be SD type (in general 2GB or lower), not SDHC or SDXC. Here's hoping that someone like Krikzz makes a GBA flashcart with modern interfaces (MicroSD(HC/XC) support or USB plug'n'play drive).

migles

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Here's hoping that someone like Krikzz makes a GBA flashcart with modern interfaces (MicroSD(HC/XC) support or USB plug'n'play drive).

lets spam krikzz to make a gba flashcart!

maybe he could even do a gba one with a spring button to get gbc mode!

ontopic: Qtis pretty much said everything...

and also, i am in the waiting list for a rtc card and didnt found anyone who wants to sell his card...

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
OP
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
There is nothing good out there, that is why I'm selling my gba on ebay. I wish they had a r4 equiv, but they don't, and GBA is emulated easy on almost ever system and device.

but EZ flash IV is not emulator, its 1on1 copy of legit card, right...like R4 and DS or Gateway and 3DS?

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
but EZ flash IV is not emulator, its 1on1 copy of legit card, right...like R4 and DS or Gateway and 3DS?

Yes, the games run 1:1 as they would on the original cartridge.
The EZ-Flash IV is very easy to use, it just not quite as easy as an R4 as you have to save patch the roms before copying them to the memory card.
It also has a few limitations such as the maximum number of files that can be put in any one folder (just split your collection into a few folders if you want a heap of games on the miniSD) etc, but nothing that cant be easily worked around.

Reactions: Metoroid0

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte