Homebrew What is IOSUHAX?

SirKyogre

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
When I boot my wii u and it tries to go to the system menu, a screen appears saying: IOSUHAX, and then it goes to the menu normally. So whats that IOSUHAX thingy?

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I boot my wii u and it tries to go to the system menu, a screen appears saying: IOSUHAX, and then it goes to the menu normally. So whats that IOSUHAX thingy?
iosuhax is essentially a set of patches for IOSU which provides extra features which can be useful for developers. I'm releasing this because I haven't really touched it since the beginning of january and don't plan on getting back to it.

iosuhax does not contain any exploits or information about vulns o anything. just a custom firmware kind of thing.

:arrow:SOURCE :ninja:

erikas

Trophies
XP
Country
with iosuhax you can install fake tickets and play dlc or eshop games. You can also install virtual console games.

Last edited by erikas,

reminon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't get how you could hack your Wii U, and not know what IOSUHAX is...

More than likely they were gifted the wii u after being hacked, or their significant other hacked it. Given the fact that they were oblivious to the existence of hacks.

Maschell

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Or better yet, Haxchi FW (if they don't need redNAND, which most people don't)
You can't really compare Haxchi and Mocha.
Haxchi is a persistent exploit, which allows you to boot homebrew straight from the Wii Menu.
Mocha is a "real" custom firmware, which has more features (overall sd access, libiosuhax support, nand/otp/seeprom redirection, beta fat32 support)
haxchi just also have the built in option to disable sig patches (mostly for piracy, yaaaaaaay), but otherwise it's just redirecting to the HBL and no "FW"

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Haxchi is a persistent exploit, which allows you to boot homebrew straight from the Wii Menu.
Mocha is a "real" custom firmware, which has more features (overall sd access, libiosuhax support, nand/otp/seeprom redirection, beta fat32 support)
haxchi just also have the built in option to disable sig patches (mostly for piracy, yaaaaaaay), but otherwise it's just redirecting to the HBL and no "FW"
Haxchi does have libiosuhax support (at least, it claims to support ftpiiu everywhere)
Not sure what you mean by "overall SD access"
Mocha does have some extra features but they are not needed for most people and it takes longer to boot.
Best to start with Haxchi FW. If he finds out he needs features from Mocha later on he can always switch.

SANIC

GBATemp's Sonic Fan in Residence, 後
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haxchi does have libiosuhax support (at least, it claims to support ftpiiu everywhere)
Mocha does have some extra features but they are not needed for most people and it takes longer to boot.
Best to start with Haxchi FW. If he finds out he needs features from Mocha later on he can always switch.
It's actually best to start with mocha, because not everyone can go buy a DS game, if you ever do have the option of getting a DS game from the eShop , go for Haxchi.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
It's actually best to start with mocha, because not everyone can go buy a DS game, if you ever do have the option of getting a DS game from the eShop , go for Haxchi.
Well, buying a DS game should be the first thing anyone does when hacking their Wii U.
Especially with 5.5.2's browserhax being so unstable.

Maschell

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No, haxchi doesn't have libiosuhax support. ftpiiu has hardcoded haxchi support ;)
And like I said: haxchi and mocha are 2 complety different things.
Haxchi is a persistent entrypoint for homebrew, mocha is a custom firmware.

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Except that Haxchi includes region, versión string and bootlogo patches too, not only sig patches

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
No, haxchi doesn't have libiosuhax support. ftpiiu has hardcoded haxchi support ;)
And like I said: haxchi and mocha are 2 complety different things.
Haxchi is a persistent entrypoint for homebrew, mocha is a custom firmware.
Haxchi is both ;)
Besides, what else do you need libiosuhax for? ftpiiu everywhere and wupserver are pretty much the only things that use it besides the SD card access anywhere thing, and that doesn't seem terribly useful.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: Good morning everyone